Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #1

Cut Floor

Over the past couple of years we have noticed a few small indentions in the floor under where the slide out is during travel. I have always figured that a rock or something is between the two. We try to make sure that nothing is there before we close the slide and we usually vacuum before bringing the slide in. This weekend we opened it up after we got it home and I have about a 2.5" cut/indention in the floor. I crawled under the slide and it is on the under side of the slide in the same spot. Have not been able to find anything that did it but I guess it could have came out when the slide was ran out. Anyway, almost makes you sick to see stuff get messed up when you try to keep things nice. Does anyone have any tips or pointers to keep this from happening? This is on flush slide system. Very little or no clearance.
Jeff
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Always Learning

Did it look anything like this?

Mine was caused by the slide digging into the rollers that it rides on.

I had a RV repair shop add aluminum runners under the slideout.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #3

No, nothing like that. I'll take some pictures later today and post them.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #4

Here is what the floor and under the slide looks like. There are a few other very small spots or scratches in this general area. It is located directly above the wheels. I suspect that a rock is getting in the slide/seal area and getting caught on the way back in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_164148.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	205732   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_164012.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	205733  
Old 10-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
Predator59

That is a fantastic idea so the wood is protected from wear. Mine has a small start to what yours looked like before. Did it require any adjustments to install? Any tips?
Dwjackson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #6

Slide gouges underneath

My 2017 FR3 30 DS living room slide made some awful noises. I found that the 4 rollers under the slide had gouged into the exterior bottom of the slide. I had the dealer repair this immediately. I was afraid the slide would hang up and be stuck half way in..what then!!
The dealer told me that he had done this repair on other FR3s. The solution was to add another roller and aluminum plates where the rollers contact. He also stated that Forest River had warranted this repair during the first year of ownership. The repair was almost $1000. I tried to get FR to honor the claim even though it was beyond the 1 year. My extended warranty would not cover it due to it being a manufacturers defect. The FR Warranty Rep, Cel Lopez, clopez@forestriverinc.com, 574-206-7618, refused the claim.
At an RV show, I noticed the new FR3 has 6 rollers. Mine had 4. Forest River not honoring the claim, even partially, is unbelievable. I have been generally satisfied with the RV, and have had only minor issues that I dealt with myself since I'm 2 hours from the dealer.
I just wanted to alert others as this issue is not an isolated one. I also wanted to get the warranty reps contact info out to all since I spent hours tracking it down. I have read others have had the same problem.
Thanks for listening to my rant
M.Ostler
MOstler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor