Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #1

Dead Slide Out

Hi All -
I have a 2014 Micro Lite 21 fbrs with one slide out for the "porch." I brought the slide out In using the electrical switch on the panel. As it was almost all the way in, I noticed it did not make the usual "chattering" noise that it normally does to let me know it's in all the way. The next time I pushed the button to move the slide out Out, nothing happened. I have since inspected every fuse in the interior panel and all are okay. Also, none of the circuit breakers have tripped. I also looked behind the panel to make sure the switch itself did not get disturbed. It looked fine - no broken wires. Any suggestions for next step? Any easy way to test the motor?
mgmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
Site Team

The fuse for the slideout is usually near the battery and not in the power panel. Look near the battery and see if you can find some fuses or reset-able breaker(s).

They'll usually have a small reset button on the side of them.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:05 PM   #3

SOLVED

Bama Rambler - you saved the day! Didn't find anything near the battery itself but located a 30 amp fuse and resettable breaker under the frame of the trailer. Had to crawl under about 2 feet in from the front of trailer. I found a blown 30 amp fuse, replaced it and I'm good to go. I tried activating the slide out a couple of times to make sure it wasn't going to blow again and it seems find. Don't know why it blew in the first place but hey - Thanks a million!
mgmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
Site Team

I'm glad you found it and that all it took was replacing it.

And thanks for coming back and letting us know what you found.

Tags
slide, slide out