Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
NELA

Feel like I'm sleeping unlevel

I know it's not just us, as we ran into a couple with the same TT we have this weekend and asked them about it...YEP, they agree;

With our queen bed slide out it feels like we're sleeping slightly unlevel with the foot of the bed higher than the head of the bed.

We lifted the mattress and checked it with a level on the wooden platform underneath the mattress. Looks level, but we still have that head lower than the feet feeling.

Anyone else get that on a slider? We're thinking of putting a couple of layers of dense foam under the head area of the mattress.

It's not fun feeling like the blood's rushing to your head while trying to sleep.

We've also found that Serta mattress to be *very* firm, seein' as how we sleep on a Tempur Pedic mattress at home. DEFINITELY gonna buy a memory foam topper for that Serta!

Would appreciate feed back on the head down sensation on the slider bed.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Had the same experience in our 5er and our bed is not in a slide. I made a 2x 4 frame and tapered the sides from 3-1/2" down to 0" in 3' with tapered supports every 16" and covered it with 1/4" ply the full width of the bed. Problem solved. BTW, our bed platform was level also.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
NELA

Thanks for responding so quickly OC. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind!

We're thinking of checking Bed Bath and Beyond for those Bed Wedges. They'd be lighter (DH had already considered the wooden wedge.)

It's just odd that even though you *know* you're sleeping level your head says different. I almost threw my pillow down to the foot of the bed and slept with my head at the foot a couple of times this weekend.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote