Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Flagstaff 206ST Tent Camper Bed Slide

My wife and I have been having issues with the front "queen size" bed on our tent camper. The rear bed pulls in and out on the slides with extreme ease, however the front bed is incredibly difficult to extract and push in. When we purchased the camper new in July 09, this was an issue from the start. That first year I did notice 1 of the rollers was missing on one rail and replaced it, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. It's to the point now that when we pull the beds we are getting metal shavings.

Is it likely that the bed frames are bent? Is there any other explanation beside bend bed frames? Is there an easy way to diagnose this without dissembling the entire bed?

Does Forest River have schematics with part numbers available for their campers, if so can anyone point me in the right direction?

If anyone has experience with these pull out beds on the tent campers I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts.

jcbudny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Any camper veterans with some insight into this problem?

jcbudny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
I have the 206ST MAC model, 2007 version. I haven't had that problem, so I haven't any info that may help. I spray my mine with a silicone spray a few times each year and they work great.
Is there anyway you can get inside, sort of under the bed or look down the side edge while someone slowly pushes on it? Maybe you could see exactly whats going on and then you could come up with a fix.

Sorry I can't help. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote