Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1

Flagstaff 27 RLWS slide questions

Just picked up a brand new Flagstaff 27 RLWS. We are planning on doing some primitive camping (no hook ups) and I have 2 questions / issues.

1. There are 3 slides, but only one access point for maual slide operation. Are all 3 slides operated from just one access port?

2. The slides (and the power jacks) only operate when the trailer is plugged in to power, notheing happens when just on battery. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help
eshenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshenderson View Post
Just picked up a brand new Flagstaff 27 RLWS. We are planning on doing some primitive camping (no hook ups) and I have 2 questions / issues.

1. There are 3 slides, but only one access point for maual slide operation. Are all 3 slides operated from just one access port?

2. The slides (and the power jacks) only operate when the trailer is plugged in to power, notheing happens when just on battery. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help
Make sure you have a battery and it is charged. There should be a manual assist for the individual slides. Slides are 12v and should be independent of each other whether by power or manual.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #3

Is your battery switch on? This is the chrome knob behind the bathroom door that must be pulled out for battery power. My PDI tech told me we didn't have a disconnect switch but I found out we do.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #4

27 RLWS Slides

Yes I have a battery and it is fully charged. The lights and other DC equipment works fine. I was told that the silver knob totally disconnected the battery, therefore nothing should work.

Any ideas where the connection point is to manually work the wardrobe slide or the dinette slide? The kitchen slide is obvious
Old 06-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #5

I think, emphasis on think, that the connection point for the crank on the sofa side is to crank in the dining slide. The sofa and wardrobe slide are manually closed by disconnecting the relay box for the respective slide and pushing them in. The relay for the wardrobe is in the pump compartment. I haven't found the relay for the sofa/kitchen slide. Hopefully someone else can clarify this.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #6

I believe the relays are behind those 2 lower cupboard doors screwed shut by the pantry.

When our slides are fully closed we can see daylight to outside and this is letting in dust. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?
btanghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #7

Thanks for everyone's input. I was able to pull out the knob in the bathroom which switched everything over to battery and was able to control the levelers and slides.

I am going to spend the long weekend testing the manual operation of the slides and report back my findings.

With regard to the daylight issue, it sounds to me like your gaskets are binding and are not seating properly,
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by btanghe View Post
I believe the relays are behind those 2 lower cupboard doors screwed shut by the pantry.

When our slides are fully closed we can see daylight to outside and this is letting in dust. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?
I noticed the same problem on the dining slide. Took it to the dealer who sealed it up. They said there was also a gap on the sofa slide they fixed.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #9

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to buy one of these, what do y'all think about this unit?
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to buy one of these, what do y'all think about this unit?
what?
Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
what?
THE 27RLWS camper
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #12

If you are talking about the 27RLWS, I couldn't be happier. Yes there are a few problems, but none that cant be easily fixed. The unit tows well, is easy to set up, and the floor plan works best for our needs. To keep the weight down, the materials used int he cabinetry are not what you would expect in your home and I ended up making a couple of modifications to beef up drawers, but with the abundance of cabinet and drawer space, over-filling the cabinets would be a challange.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #13

One recommendation though, because the trailer is so light, get yourself a good sway control system. The trailer tends to get blown around by 18 wheelers.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshenderson View Post
Thanks for everyone's input. I was able to pull out the knob in the bathroom which switched everything over to battery and was able to control the levelers and slides.

I am going to spend the long weekend testing the manual operation of the slides and report back my findings.

With regard to the daylight issue, it sounds to me like your gaskets are binding and are not seating properly,
I recommend opening/ closing your slides with the tow vehicle connected and the engine running instead of "just" the battery... dry camping, especially with heat on, will run down the battery on this unit pretty quick (learned the hard way!)
dvesser is offline   Reply With Quote