Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSledge View Post
I also noticed that there is a space between the slide trim and the wall when in the extended position. It is sealed. Guess I am just used to my old slide that seemed more flush and tighter to the wall.
This might suggest that the slide is not going all the way out, and therefore dropping down to become level.

RodeoGeorge

All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
GSW

It is not normal. I have had other units and they have had no hump. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #13

My 5er has the same carpet bump OC mentioned as well. It is pretty flush i would say.

Brian
Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW View Post
It is not normal. I have had other units and they have had no hump. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I believe for his unit that it is 'normal' .....

I have seen some dialog about 'supported' slide out floors and 'unsupported' slide out floors when the slide out is 'in'.....
In looking at ependydads picture, it would seem that his is 'unsupported' when it is 'in' (imo). My slide out has the 'hump' when 'out' and the 'hump' when 'in' and it seems to be fully 'supported' when 'in'. No movement at all when I walk on either slide out when 'in'.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
In looking at ependydads picture, it would seem that his is 'unsupported' when it is 'in' (imo). My slide out has the 'hump' when 'out' and the 'hump' when 'in' and it seems to be fully 'supported' when 'in'. No movement at all when I walk on either slide out when 'in'.
There's no opinion about it. You're 100% correct. My slide is not supported when it's in. I've got a post or two here with a factory rep saying that it should not be walked on when the slide is retracted.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
There's no opinion about it. You're 100% correct. My slide is not supported when it's in. I've got a post or two here with a factory rep saying that it should not be walked on when the slide is retracted.
Surprised that rep told you not to walk on it when retracted. Its the same support steel and wood base in both positions. The only difference is the square tubing on the slide is no longer in full contact with the c-channel support, it will rock on its edge, so what? still plenty strong. The frame kicks up to allow it to rise above the main floor for storage.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post

Surprised that rep told you not to walk on it when retracted. Its the same support steel and wood base in both positions. The only difference is the square tubing on the slide is no longer in full contact with the c-channel support, it will rock on its edge, so what? still plenty strong. The frame kicks up to allow it to rise above the main floor for storage.
It's the plywood of the slide floor that isn't supported when it's in. This is only my understanding- but when the slide is fully extended in the "out" position, the inner edge of the plywood is supported beside of the floor that it slides down next to (not sure what's supporting it, but it definitely comes down to rest on something). It's firm. Solid.

Now, when the slide is fully retracted, that same inner edge is pushed inside the camper and it lifts as it comes in. When you get on the floor level, that plywood is a good inch above/off/not touching the floor below it. If you do step on it, there is give. Imagine you had a piece of 4x8 plywood on saw horses and you push down on the middle- it'll bow.

That's my slide floor.