Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #1

Forest River Slide wont close all the way

Just bought a 2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400ws motorhome and when we got it home we opened the slideout and now it doesn't close all the way. It seals at the top and the back end but the bottom by the drivers side sticks out about 2 inches. We are afraid when it rains it will leak.
The dealer said that Forest River has to be contacted which we did and that we have to take it to one of the certified service area and they are backlogged WE bought this yesterday. The slideout rail at the bottom is only held on by one screw and the other 3 holes were never drilled by forest river. The other slideout rails all have 4 screws. I would have thought the dealership would have caught that in prep.

has anyone else experienced this? This is not what I would have expected with a brand new motorhome.
smiley58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #2

Welcome to FROG an dForest River!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:51 AM   #3

As far as I know the 2" gap at the bottom of the W model slide is normal. I posted this when I first picked up our W in October.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=95306

There has been some other discussions about the W slide in the MBS section on the forum.

2016 Forester 2401WS
Old 05-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Slideout.

Wow that doesn't seem right why it is tight at the top but sticks out at the bottom. if it was the same at the top I would say it would make more sense. Also finding out that no one in our area wants to service these things unless you bought it from them. We bought it 90 miles away because we saved $30,000. We have a certified dealer 5 miles away but they said they only service their own customers. We called Forest River and Randy called that dealer and they agreed to look at it June 1st. I hope they don't say that's normal. We are afraid to go anywhere until they look at it
Old 06-14-2016, 06:28 AM   #5

Update: A&S in Auburn Hills MI figured out the problems. The motors for the slideout were wired backwards. They rewired and reprogrammed and it fixed it. They also discovered a defective radio and replaced it and the circuit board for the ignitor on the hot water heater was bad and needed replaced. Loyd Bridges Traveland should have caught these things before we purchased it from them. Looking to get back our 450.00 prep fee since they obviously didnt do the job. FR Brian Meeks worked with my husband to get us to A&S and kept in contact with us every step. It has renewed my faith in the industry.

Tags
forest river, slide