Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #1

Found a side slide gasket issue.... Some rain got in.

I went to check on the RV after the storms came through last 2 days and noticed it was quite humid in there and felt damp on the counter top. I usually keep some damprid in the RV and noticed that the tub was almost all used up. The floor under the table where the damprid tub is was Damp to the touch so I put the slide out and noticed that the floor was damp in the kitchen towards the back side of the main living slide. Hmmm. So, I went outside to inspect and noticed that the window gasket had popped out and got caught in the top of the side gasket and tore it from being opened and closed. It must have happened last camping trip and I didn't catch it. The previous trip everything looked good.

From what I'm seeing, the rain that came off the top and went to slide down the side was rerouted in the torn gasket and traveled down the gasket to the bottom of it. It's not a lot of water but enough to drive me nuts. The carpet under the kitchen table absorbed most of it.

This is the plan, and let me know if there are any other things I can do.

Called and set up appt to drop off the coach early next week to get those gaskets replaced.

For water drying:

I Have mat dried everything I could.
I got the a/c running off the generator to reduce the humidity and speed up drying.
I lifted the slide carpet to get air under to the wood and have an air mover fan blowing in that area. Wood is slightly damp. Not too bad.
I got more damprid and placed multiple tubs around the coach and 2 down by the damp area.
Leaving the slide out so if it rains again, the rain will not get in.... Lol.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Doc
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, slide