Old 03-29-2016, 12:49 AM   #1

Gap between slide and floor when closed

We recently removed our jack knife sofa and u shaped dinette and replaced with a reclining love seat and small table and 4 chairs. Now when the slide is closed it does not lay flat on the floor but has about a 1" gap between the slide and the floor. Cannot figure out what is causing that. Thought maybe because the dinette was heavier then the table but not sure how that wod affect it. We have a Vibe 272bh. Any suggestions would be great. I am hopefully we did not do any damaged when we removed the furniture. Not sure how it was very easy and only needed to remove a few screws.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:47 AM   #2

If I'm reading this right that is pretty much normal, when you bring the slide in, it will rock back first to pick it up out of the tray the edge sits in when extended. As it comes in it will be above your floor level to clear either your carpet or vinl. flooring. 1" sounds a little high I think mine is like 3/4" on both slides when retracted. I doubt removing anything caused the problem.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:08 AM   #3

Is the seal area constant on the Outside when the slide is "In"? Did you use fasteners that are "Too Long" and went through the slide floor? Youroo!!
Old 03-29-2016, 03:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Is the seal area constant on the Outside when the slide is "In"? Did you use fasteners that are "Too Long" and went through the slide floor? Youroo!!
I would think Youroo, that if the fasteners where to long he would he see signs of scarring as it drags over the floor? .... also if the bottom seal is in place with no gaps I think IMO only that it is just the way it looks. If it's to high it could be adjusted down but it has to lift to be brought in. It should be riding on those neoprene blocks that they install at the edge. which are higher then the floor level. At least that is how mine works, I have had nothing but slide issues since my dealer adjusted them, when I kept breaking those cheap glide strips. 3 sets in two years.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 03-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #5

This has been discussed before. The general opinion is this is normal.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #6

What you have described about your slide tilting when you bring it in is normal. It lifts up a little as it reaches its in-most position. Every slide I've seen does that. It makes sure that the seal on the outside is flush with the outside of the trailer and that the slide does not scratch up your floor.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #7

Thank you all for your feedback. Appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:01 PM   #8

My Rockwood did that, my Heartland does not. The main problem with it being "normal" is convincing a prospective buyer that it's supposed to be that way.

2015 GMC Sierra 1500
2013 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
spudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #9

I do not know what system Hartland uses or your system. But if the side doesn't pick up to clear the flooring how does it come in? Yours might not pick up 1" but how will a Hartland bring a slide in over carpet or even lino?....even if yours is on rollers it still has to pick-up to clear the bottom edge when extended and it has to pick up to retract it. What does your do to retract? interesting.!!!!!
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 03-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudston View Post
My Rockwood did that, my Heartland does not. The main problem with it being "normal" is convincing a prospective buyer that it's supposed to be that way.
Someone convinced you

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide