Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #1

grey wolf slideout problem

I have a 2013 grey wolf 26dbh that the slideout containing the sofa and dinette has sagged for some reason and buckled the linoleum floor. I have only had it since the end of april of this year. the dinette end is rubbing the floor and damaged a part of the linoleum. we have had no issues until now out of the blue. what would cause this ? I think this should be a warranty covered repair. am I correct in this? I haven't had the trailer not even a half of a year!
postalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #2

Take it back to your dealer. Sounds like it is way out of alignment or something.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #3

campin4fun

We got our first 2013 Grey Wolf 29BH in April. Brand new. Brought it home, cleaned it and as my wife was retracting the slide-out, it caught the frame of the camper and pulled it in a good 2 inches. We took it right back to the Dealer, and told them I wanted a new camper. They insisted on fixing it, but said he would check with the company. Later that afternoon I did get a call from the Dealer and we recieved a new camper. Our second camper was not much better. Pulling it home after the first use, The siding on the Left side blew off. Come to find out they did not staple it correctly. The workmanship on these campers is terrible! The tv mount had to be crooked by a good 1/2 inch.This is our first camper. It will be our first and last Grey Wolf. I will say however, the dealer did treat us very fairly, realizing it was a quality control issue on both accounts. I am not happy with the quality of construction at all.
campin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #4

Although I have an older unit, a 2005 FR Grand Surveyor this problem sound familiar. My slide contains the couch, kitchen area and one small pantry. The bottom of my cabinets were rubbing the linoleum flooring for about a foot as the slide started moving out and the same place as the slide came back into closed position.and had it scratched up pretty bad when I go this unit. At least the previous owner showed this to me along with bills from a large camper sales/service shop who made adjustments to no avail. While watching this slide unit go out and back in I noticed that the lowest point of the cabinet framing would indeed travel along the floor as the unit started out then the slide would "tip" out as the slide unit reached a certain spot. The slide unit did almost the same when coming in, as it reached a certain spot the slide unit would again "tip" downward placing the bottom of the cabinets faceframe against the floor and rub---hard. After looking at the slide mechanism I could only imagine what type of person would design something this frail, then wonder who was the "top of the line" person who would approve something this frail to be installed within a camper. This is a Lippert "under sofa" model slide by the way. This unit has two rollers mounted on the campers side wall and at each end of the slide opening. The drive mechanism is in the middle, a rack and gear combination drive unit. These units are fine if hooked up to a load that does not have a tendency to have one end travel faster than the other end. This unit in this camper is certainly not this type set-up. After much trial and error with these rollers and drive unit I reached what I determined the best I could do, but the cabinet still rubbed the floor. So--on to the next step: I bought two (2) two inch (2) swivel casters made of a stiff consistency rubber wheel, a swivel type caster with a 3/8" threaded stud made unto the frame of the caster. I welded the swivel mechanism so the caster would not swivel anymore and this left the stud at a forward position to the wheel itself. I made some mounting brackets from old bed rails, my favorite angle iron material, to mount on the inside of the cabinets face framing and near the floor. I drilled a clearance hole in the bracket for the casters stud(s) so I could adjust the caster height with the nuts I placed onto the threaded rod of the caster. After finding the best spot to install these I mounted them to the back of the cabinets face framing as near the floor as possible. After mounting the brackets with the casters on them I ran the slide unit in and out while making adjustments for the clearance between the cabinet face framing and the floor. I finally found "sweet spot" with about 1/4" clearance between the bottom of the cabinet and the flooring. Now the slide unit goes in and out without the bottom of the cabinets face frame rubbing on the floor. I know a picture is worth a thousand words but I didn't take any while making the mounting bracket and how I set the wheels before welding. I can take photos of the finished product and post them on here hoping this may help someone else.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #5

Check this out, winterizing a cedar creek cottage 40 CCK. Slide out did not go in and bent the bracket. It is in bad shape. I wonder what for will fix this? How will anyone be able to fix this?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3887945412.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	41378   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1224673912.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	41379  
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags