Old 03-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #1

Guidance on manual slide operation, please

Somehow I got away from the dealer "checkout" without getting a clearer idea of just how to manually operate the slides on this 2014 Sunseeker 2500TS. Two slides are "Schwintek (?)" I learn on Youtube, and the booth slide is different, with nothing on its side, but two rows of teeth underneath. First, is it reasonable to expect my wife and I (both about 60) to manually push these slides? Or can they be moved with a ratchet or some tool? I've looked for ForestRiver how-to videos, maybe I haven't looked long enough. The owner's manual is cursory. Sure would be peace of mind to have a plan. Any guidance appreciated!

Old 03-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #2

Many of the RVs with slides have a long handled ratchet that is used to manually bring in slides. I have a 2015 Wildcat fiver and the tool is under the sofa and it fits in a hole on the opposite side from the slides. The owners manuals are very cursory as you stated and they are the same ones for many RVs. Good Luck

Old 03-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #3

If you have electric slides then you will have a long handle to connect to the motor usually to crank it out. If you have hydraulic slides there will be a hex nut on the motor itself
Old 03-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
Average Joe

Look at post #5 here 2015 2500TSF Slide Outs "Manual Operation"

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #5

Check to make sure you have those "long handle cranks". We had to find out the hard way that we didn't have one. Was able to borrow one from a nice stranger in the same campground. Someone told us that the opposite end of the crank for the stabilizers is set up to be used for the manual move on the slides - wasn't the case for us. Definitely something you want to make sure you have BEFORE you need it.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #6

Wouldn't it be nice IF all the RV manufacturers provided a CD which would supplement the dealer "walk-around"? Wouldn't it be nice if the CD had good instructions on how to operate anything pertaining to the RV that you need to learn? Would you like to sit in the comfort of your new RV to play the CD? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to stop the CD, back up and review something that you didn't quite understand the first time you viewed it? I vote YES on this one.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #7
Baldguy41

Check out Lippert.com and go to Service section. There are several videos showing how to handle problems with the Schwintek slides.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:57 AM   #8

Does anyone know how to manually slide the 3 on a 2004 Georgetown M-370?
Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL41 View Post
Check out Lippert.com and go to Service section. There are several videos showing how to handle problems with the Schwintek slides.
This is the Proper answer for the (Schwintek Slides)! There are NO long cranks! Most of these (Swizzy Slides) are (Disconnect and PUSH back In)! Youroo!!

Tags
manual, slide