Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 12:00 AM   #1

Help please

Hello we have a 2016 Salem cruise lite. 26.2 XL. We went camping the first couple times with no problems. Then we went out .camping this year, pulled in unhooked leveled stabilized etc. Plugged into the power source and the slide out wouldn't go out we would hear a little click each time we tried though. We drove into town and spoke with the RV dealer, after camping we brought the trailer Into the dealer to have it looked at and and we pulled into the lot (they weren't there as it was a long weekend, we were supposed to leave it there) I jumped into the trailer and the slide out was working. So we took it home instead of leaving it. We live 3 hours form the nearest RV dealer so this isn't easy for us to get there. We went to camp again this weekend pulled in set up went to put out the slide and again it won't go out. We unplugged from the power source and tried with it plugged into the truck thinking that was the problem but that didn't help. Any suggestions or help?
Kilett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #2

Sorry to see no body has answered you. I looked up Salem and Cruise Lite but did not find any 26.2XL models so was unable to determine you slide type.
Assume it is NOT Schwintek which uses Two motors and synchronizing control panel. Schwintek has what looks like plates top and bottom of side on the slide with gear notches to drive the slide out. This has more components to check.
Other types use one motor and either 1. cables and motor above top of slide or 2. drive frame below slide with motor between frame members. (both can be cranked out manually with proper size socket and ratchet.
HAVE YOU CHECKED BATTERY VOLTAGE with volt meter at the battery. Should be 12.5 with NO car power or shore power connected. With charging power from car or converter (shore Power) should read 13.5 to 14 volts. If less than 12 volts either way then that could be what is changing in the works some time and not other times.
That is where I would start and try to be sure I had NO LESS than 12.5 volts. Also watch volt meter while trying slide switch. If voltage drops a lot then it is under charged or defective battery. Also check your connections at battery and if there is a master shut off switch it is on and cables are tightly attached.
Wish I could give easy answer but there is not one without more info.

PAST- 2012 Coachman Leprechaun 319DSF w/TOAD -2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4-cyl. AWD, 2008 Springdale 266RL, 2002 Outback 25FB
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #3

If batteries fully charged and terminals are clean, you are probably looking at buying new batts.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote