Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #1

Horizontal Slide out Adjustment

My Wildwood trailer has an 18" (deep) slideout that is about 10 ft wide. For the past several months or so, I have noticed that it is increasing making more noise when it first starts to extend out. Last week when camping with the slide extended out, I noticed that the wiper gasket that contacts the rear sidewall of the slidout (A on picture) was extremely snug with the gasket mounting (B on picture) while wiper gasket on the front of the slideout hardly contacted the front sidewall of the slideout... didn't seem right.. When I retracted the slideout, it seems as though the entire slideout has shifted about 1/4 to 3/4 inch closer to the aft end of the slide out opening. It is an Electric Lippert Slideout. I have read the instruction manual and it seems ather straight forward on how to make horizontal slide adjustments BUT is this something an RVer with moderate mechanical skills should try to do??
Attached Images

STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
H2oski

Go for it, I adjusted mine. Just follow the directions and make small adjustments at a time and then check. Make sure you keep the wiper seal and the bulb seal continues to make contact.

What's the worst that can happen, you have to take it to a dealer for adjustment?

Good Luck
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #3

I was a little worried about doing an adjustment on my slide out in our MH. I read and reread the instruction and finally tried and everything worked great. It is very easy but as stated above make little adjustments then slide in and out and if needed adjust a little more. Good luck and let us know how it turned out.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out