Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #1

How to access slide controller

We just bought a new 2017 Wildwood X-Lite T254TLXL in early July. So far 3 out of 4 times using it camping, the slide out has quit functioning, we take it to the dealer, first time they said the motors needed resynching, 2nd time they said it was a loose connection to motor #2. Right now it is back at the dealer again (3rd time) for same issue, the controller flashes 8 red and 2 green, same thing it has done every time (indicating short between controller and moter #2).
According to the manual, there is an override on the controller, but the problem is the controller is a 3rd of the way under the couch floor on the back wall of the slide out. No way to access it that I can find to get to this override button. Why in the heck would they put the controller in an inaccessible place, makes no sense?
I am hoping this issue can be resolved this 3rd time, but in the meantime I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to access the controller so I can use the override if the issue happens again.
gwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry I can't help, but I'd be asking the dealer to relocate it so it's more accessible while they're working on it.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

Thanks, I have kind of hinted to them about doing that, only concern we have is voiding the warranty by making this type of modification, since it is only a couple months old. I do have a message in to Forest River themselves to see what they have to say.
gwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, slide