Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #1

Hydraulic slide and front landing gear

We've had an issue with the slide and front leg hyd breaker kicking off about 1/2 way through cycle.After replacing fluid with dextron vll synthetic it seamed to be worse. After running legs down(slides were in) I topped off fluid as it was a little low ( lipert recommends 1/2" from top). I decided to check the elec connections of the motor as well as the breakers them selves.What I found was I could move the wire from breaker to motor with my fingers so I removed it,cleaned and added elec grease. Then I checked all other connections and found the hot wire to the 12v elec panels crimp connector was so loose that it pulled out with two fingers ! I cleaned it, spread the connector open a little(easy to do ) added a little elec grease and re crimped. Now no issues as slides and legs work great and this could have left me to the point I had to use a drill n bit to run legs n slide or by ratchet it if no access to 110.
I think everyone should check their panel by the battery as make all connection are tight !!!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Loose connections seem to be a common occurrence. I remade most of the connections around the RV soon after we got it.

This is a good reminder to check at least all the high current connections around your RV.

Tags
slide, hydraulic