Old 08-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #1

I need a floor slide winch

Schwintek slides are a beautiful thing when they work, but not so much when they fail to close. Unlike cylinder or cable operated, there is no way to retract them manually except brute force. Has anyone seen any type of mechanical winch/tool that would do this?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #2

I dont know if the slide room is built heavy enough to hook a winch to. that being said have you disengaged the motors or taken the power away from them ?

Old 08-18-2016, 08:04 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I removed the motor screws so I could disengage them. This allowed me to push them in but it was brutal. I'm not sure I could do this if I was much older. lol
Old 08-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #4

I had to replace my slide assembly on my 2011 sunseeker and imo the problems with the schwintec slide are due more to poor installation than anything else when I got done with mine I could push slide in and out just barely pushing with one hand and you can hear that the motors are not working as hard 2 years later I have had no schwintec problems at all
Old 08-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrunning View Post
I had to replace my slide assembly on my 2011 sunseeker and imo the problems with the schwintec slide are due more to poor installation than anything else when I got done with mine I could push slide in and out just barely pushing with one hand and you can hear that the motors are not working as hard 2 years later I have had no schwintec problems at all
Could you tell us what you did to get yours sliding so easily? anything that reduces the drag on the motors should improve the longevity of the system
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerD View Post
Schwintek slides are a beautiful thing when they work, but not so much when they fail to close. Unlike cylinder or cable operated, there is no way to retract them manually except brute force. Has anyone seen any type of mechanical winch/tool that would do this?
My old class A had a ring fasten to the floor of the very large slide and another fastened under the sink which if the slide failed (after relieving the Hyd pressure)you attached a come-along and winched the slide in. I have no idea if this is what you are thinking about but from my take that would be a one time operation and I would have the slide repaired.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #7

Interesting. My slide is on a Crossroads Elevation Toyhauler.It is a 30" x 12' slide with a frig and stove so I wonder if that too much weight or unbalanced. I'll look at the rollers underneath it to make sure they are rolling smoothly.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #8

I've considered making something like that I could carry and install on the road as an emergency kit.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #9

What I discovered was that the schwintec slide should not carry any weight the weight is carried by the floor rollers also all the rails need to be square and parallel to each other to a t and that also goes for the mounting into the camper opening. The other major thing is that they do not attach things well. I just dont think they are allowed the time at the factory to install and test correctly. I spent upwards of 15 hours measuring checking and measuring and testing just to get the rails mounted on the room perfect

Tags
slide