Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #1

I see the light!

2017 Flagstaff 29RKWS. Today cleaning up after a week-long trip moved the sleeper sofa for the first time and noticed daylight where the slide wall and floor meet. Slide operates fine, no water leaks what so ever. Of course it's out of warranty, how can I fix this?
Blusmurfy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

First off, i would check the outside of your Flagstaff and see if theres any fastening evidence along the floor line out there.

You want to secure the wall and floor somehow. If you can do that, you might want to buy a can of this and insulate the gap?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.g...001000631.html

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #3

We had the same problem coming back from Alaska last year. Stopped in Coburg, Oregon camping world. They said the screws underneath on the outside had worked their way loose. They riveted everything back together and lined up the slide. Didn't cost anything. Was under Warrenty. We've put on maybe 10,000 miles and it's been good since it's been fixed. This time cudoo's go to that Camping World.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty. Nick 25 y/o and Leif 6 1/2 yrs.
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
First off, i would check the outside of your Flagstaff and see if theres any fastening evidence along the floor line out there.

You want to secure the wall and floor somehow. If you can do that, you might want to buy a can of this and insulate the gap?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.g...001000631.html
Thanks for the reply, it's raining today so I have not been under it yet. Hopefully I'll just find that fasteners worked loose.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusmurfy1 View Post
2017 Flagstaff 29RKWS. Today cleaning up after a week-long trip moved the sleeper sofa for the first time and noticed daylight where the slide wall and floor meet. Slide operates fine, no water leaks what so ever. Of course it's out of warranty, how can I fix this?
Just take to dealer and they can put a type of caulk to seal it up ! Cost should be minimal they just did mine. Very easy fix sorry I don’t know exactly but they told me it was easy.
Good Luck!
Dennis King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
Just take to dealer and they can put a type of caulk to seal it up ! Cost should be minimal they just did mine. Very easy fix sorry I don’t know exactly but they told me it was easy.
Good Luck!
Thanks for your reply!
Today I was able to look under the slide. One short screw came out when I touched it and another is out but stuck between the brace and the hole. Does not look like a great design for the wall the be held on with 1 inch screws placed what looks to be about 16 inches apart. Bought some longer screws and will be adding longer screws closer together.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #7

FR Sabre Lite 25RL Slide Out Leak

Wife and I bought a brand new 2016 5er as described in the title. Maiden voyage went without a hitch. Got home and awning was pulling away from the mounting point at the top. Decided to use the RV before we took it in for warranty work and ran into some rain on our way to the campground. Wife was setting up the inside when we reach our destination and the kitchen floor was full of mud and water. Major heartbreak at that point. Finally took unit to dealer to get repair on the awning and the leak. They did a spectacular job repairing the awning but said they replaced a seal on the slide and ran a garden sprinkler under the slide out for 6 hours and no leaks. Needless to say we ran into the problem again with water blowing up inside the unit while traveling. Out of warranty and not wanting to wait a month to get our camper back I went ahead and winterized and put away for the winter. This spring I got the creeper out and went underneath the camper and low and behold there is a weather strip missing on the bottom of the slide and a gap in the frame about 3/4" wide. I got the garden hose and had the wife stand inside and sure enough the water was spraying up inside which is where the front tire is. Picked up some the expanding foam for "Wide Gaps" and filled in the gap. Haven't had the unit out on wet roads yet but am anxious to find out. I'm very confident that was the culprit. I own a machine shop so once I'm convinced I found the leak I will get a piece of thin angle (aluminum) and screw it to the bottom where it's suppose to be. Like a lot of fellow campers out there you need to know how to use a screwdriver and crescent wrench once in a while to solve your unexpected repairs. I hope my thread helps out anybody else that may be having the same problem. Look for daylight in the not so obvious places. Water will find it's way in somehow. Happy Camping.
drumbum59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light