Old 02-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #11

I have s dometic in the slide of my Rockeood 8289 it had factory fitted fans that were very noisy, it was because the were mounted directly to the thin metal panel of the fridge and resonating Easy mod to move them to the slide wall and fit with rubber grommets, can hardly hear them now

Old 02-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #12

Our "before FR" 5th wheel had an 8 cubic foot Dometic not mounted in a slide and it had a roof mounted chimney. It worked well without a fan. Our FR Flagstaff has a 6 cubic foot Dometic with a slide mounted Dometic and a vent mounted high in the slide outside sidewall. The FR installation included a very noisy, high RPM fan that ran frequently, and ran all the time the refrigerator side of the camper was in the sun. It was annoying. We replaced the noisy fan with two fans from PC and Home Theater Cooling Source for Over 15 Years .

Model: CG12025L12B2-3Y
Dimensions: 120x120x25mm
Rated Voltage: 12 Volts
Operation Voltage: 6.5~13.8 Volts
Input current: 0.10 Amp Max
Operation temperature: -10 to +65 C
Storage temperature: -40 to +70 C
Bearing: Dual Ball
RPM: 1200 +/- 10%
CFM: 46
dB: 20.4

Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #13

I was going to replace the fans, but in fact they were quite hi spec for the size can't remember exactly but think 90mm diameter computer fans that size come nowhere near the low amp and high cfm. The fans run quiet when running unmounted so they were not the problem and there wasn't enough space to mount larger ones
Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaf View Post
Hi! My husband & I preparing for our new life on the road. We have narrowed down our choice of trailers to Forest River brand. We're looking at a new Flagstaff Super Lite 29KSWS but are concerned about the durability of the slide with the refrigerator. We had read on someone's blog that this was a bad engineering idea in their trailer. On one of the threads in this forum, someone mentioned slides had greatly improved over the years. Are we okay with getting a slide with the refrig or should we select another model?

Thanks for helping these newbies!

Gina
I have a Sierra 376 BHOK and it has a 20cu.ft. residential in the slide along with the oven and 30in. mic.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #15

I would prefer to not have the refer in the slide. Slides are a maintenance issue and the added weight does not help. We had trouble with our Rockwood 8289ws kitchen slide with refer. Now our Wildcat refer is not in a slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #16
CDR USN Ret

We're full-timing in an XLR with stove, microwave, 4-door dometic reefer and copious counter/cabinet/drawer/pantry space in the "kitchen slide" Living room slide is operated by the same hydraulic ram system as the kitchen slide. Have no problems at all.
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #17

I suspect that hydraulic slides are much more robust than electric motor slides, especially ones in ultra lite units. No more ultra lite RVs for us. Our negative experience with one taught us that lesson.

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I suspect that hydraulic slides are much more robust than electric motor slides, especially ones in ultra lite units. No more ultra lite RVs for us. Our negative experience with one taught us that lesson.

x2
Old 02-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #19

what a fridge in a slide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaf View Post
Hi! My husband & I preparing for our new life on the road. We have narrowed down our choice of trailers to Forest River brand. We're looking at a new Flagstaff Super Lite 29KSWS but are concerned about the durability of the slide with the refrigerator. We had read on someone's blog that this was a bad engineering idea in their trailer. On one of the threads in this forum, someone mentioned slides had greatly improved over the years. Are we okay with getting a slide with the refrig or should we select another model?

Thanks for helping these newbies!

Gina
I will be not be the first person to tell you that rv company's make HUGE mistakes as to when it comes to "engineering" i have had some and so have others, but as for a fridge in a slide it has become very common, (mine has a whole wall slide with kitchen and entertainment) to issue with slides most times is not the factory BUT the owner not maintaining it properly!
Now i am not saying "you " will not have some kind of issue, Most rv's will of some kind at some point and it is up to you to know and pay attention to things not looking, smelling, working properly or not, and if you can not fix it, have it fixed!

Hope this helps and Happy camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #20

My 2004 CC has the fridge in the slide, also has a fan ( factory installed ) halfway between the upper and lower vents. Cools well in all seasons.
Did have a problem a year and a half ago where the fridge was running too warm and found we needed a new LP Regulator

Tags
refrigerator, slide