Old 06-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #1

Jumpy Slideout

So, the slideout is becoming jumpy or jerky. As I remember last year it was not noticable so I'd say it was smooth. I looked for a broken roll pin or bolt and didn't see either. The rails look dry, should they be oiled or does anyone have any other ideas?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

When my slide was jumpy there was carpet in the track.
Bedroom slide of course.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"

Old 06-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast murray View Post
So, the slideout is becoming jumpy or jerky. As I remember last year it was not noticable so I'd say it was smooth. I looked for a broken roll pin or bolt and didn't see either. The rails look dry, should they be oiled or does anyone have any other ideas?
No, do not oil them it atracts dirt. I spray my rails down with RV dry lube by liquid wrench. Purchased it at Walmart for $5.84 I spray it on a couple times a year. there is another brand out there that is about $11 or $12. Could not find it locally and didn't want to pay $12 for shipping
Old 06-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
When my slide was jumpy there was carpet in the track.
Bedroom slide of course.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"

How can you tell if there's carpet in the track? I don't appear to be missing carpet from that area in front of the slide when its out.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
No, do not oil them it atracts dirt. I spray my rails down with RV dry lube by liquid wrench. Purchased it at Walmart for $5.84 I spray it on a couple times a year. there is another brand out there that is about $11 or $12. Could not find it locally and didn't want to pay $12 for shipping

Thanks, I'll check that out.

One thing I didn't think about is maybe the roll pins still look like they're in there but maybe I'm just seeing the ends. I'll look at that tomorrow too.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #6

@ "fast murray": Which slide system do you have? IF you have the Lippert brand "sofa slide" system, which should be a slide system for the sofa/kitchen area or sofa/dining area then this may be your problem. These systems are designed with rollers that the slide unit rolls on when extending or retracting. These rollers dig into the bottom of the slide unit, usually plywood, and cause this type problem.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
@ "fast murray": Which slide system do you have? IF you have the Lippert brand "sofa slide" system, which should be a slide system for the sofa/kitchen area or sofa/dining area then this may be your problem. These systems are designed with rollers that the slide unit rolls on when extending or retracting. These rollers dig into the bottom of the slide unit, usually plywood, and cause this type problem.
I have no idea what I have other than that it's the sofa and dining booth that are in the slideout. It has one hydraulic cylinder that pushes out on the forward part of the slide with what I'd call a rack and pinion setup on each ind connected by a shaft. If it is the setup that you describe I'd guess that there isn't much I can do with it?
Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #8

O.K. , so we know now that you have a hydraulic system. Mine is all mechanical. Let's go back to your original post stating that: " the slideout is becoming jumpy or jerky". Having years of working on hydraulic systems this tells me that the first thing that needs to be checked is the amount of fluid in the hydraulic system. IF the fluid level is low on a hydraulic system of any type then you would/could get this "jumpy" hydraulic action. I honestly don't know how your system is designed but there has to be a hydraulic reservoir built into the system in some manner. My best guess at this time is that your systems reservoir is connected directly to the hydraulic pump. Since you have a 2008 camper would there be a chance you still have any paperwork for the unit, particularly the hydraulic system. If not, then maybe an internet search will help. Maybe another reader with a hydraulic system on their slide can chime in with some info. Good Luck

Tags
slide, slide out