Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #1

Kitchen Slide in Charleston

Hello, my 2009 Charleston has a single hydraulic cylinder on the rear of the kitchen slide, then a cross shaft mechanism with gear tracks that provides the motion for the front of the slide to go out Apparently the rear roller was installed wrong at the factory, so it has dug into the plywood floor on the rear bottom of the slide, causing the rear shaft to bend and the gear to strip. I am not going to be able to take the slide off to move the roller over, so plan on getting a 1/8 steel plate. I have searched for the parts, no luck. Anyone know how to figure out what this is, who made it, and where I can get parts? Thanks....

the shaft i need is about 24" long with a gear on the end. Will post pictures later.
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

FYI, in case anyone has this issue in the future, the 09 Charleston uses Equalizer Systems unit. The rear kitchen cross shaft is part #2771, its 33 5/8 long. Cost $41. Equalizer Systems | A Days Company | Official Site

I will update here after I get the part installed, that should be a fun project.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #3

Installed the new shaft in about 2 hours with the help of a friend, pretty straight forward. The only thing I really had an issue with was getting pressure on the gear, then tightening down the bearing blocks. Before doing that it made a heck of a noise....LOL. Now I am all good again.

Tags
charleston, slide