Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 06:44 PM   #1

Levelers not working....now front 2 slides as well

I have a 2015 Charleston 430BH......

I was told that if I kept the Levelers down, it would help preserve the tires while in a storage lot.
I came back perhaps 2 weeks later and all batteries were dead.....I found a kind soul to help me get the Genny started, but it took hours for the Chassis batteries to charge enough to start the engine(the ALT START button killed the Genny. Apparently it is just to "kick start" the Genny).

I have read about the parasitic battery drain....and I understand(now) that the Leveling system requires juice...

Now, the Leveling system does not AUTO or MANUAL level, and lights chirp and go off eventually..........the system manufacturer says in their manual that is usually because of depleted battery. OK....but I have it hooked to my house on a 50AMP serv.....and it say "FULLY CHARGED". Not sure if all batteries are charged or just HOUSE (which I replaced 2 months ago).

And NOW, my front 2 slides (and they may be hydraulic) will not go OUT......back ones do....

Gee......do you think I have bad Chassis batteries? I did not see any blown fuses....and there seems to be elec to the LEVELING system.....

I am quite confused.....but at a high level with all the research!

Thanks for any advice!

KLARRYT
Klarryt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out