Old 07-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Just double checking you are not using the stabilizers to level side to side correct?????
No, I am not using the stabilizers to level. I used leveling blocks under the tires to level.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansoper View Post
Just settled in new site. Was level with no slides out. Put 2 leveling blocks under each tire on slide side. Drove on bloocks, put out slides and wa-la it was level. Why don't the dealers or manufacturers tell you to how to compensate for the weight difference when leveling?
Do you think a boat dealer has to tell folks not to load everything on one side of a boat?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #13

We just received our Forester 3171. It has 2 slides, one on each side. We are new to slides. I see most people level before extending slides. We have a slopping driveway, a little uphill to the garage door. Do we need to level before extending the 2 slides. We just want to extend, load, then retract the slides and hit the road. Just curious if we might harm the slides by extending while on an uphill slope. Side to side is good. Thx, Ben
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #14

When your dad taught you how to drive, did he not tell you the difference between the foot feed and the brake? or did he let you find out on your own?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
When your dad taught you how to drive, did he not tell you the difference between the foot feed and the brake? or did he let you find out on your own?
I was only 13 at the time.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I was only 13 at the time.
Age doesn't matter, the learning curve is the same. I assumed RVs were designed to be level with slides extended. Now I know better.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

It's the extra load on the suspension when the slides are extended that is sagging. They can't design a suspension to compensate for that. Do you level and stabilize before extending the slides?
Old 07-04-2015, 02:30 AM   #18

i think what the issue is coot. the new lippert stabilizers adjust automatically for different terrain side to side before exerting any stabilization. does that adjustment change as the load changes with the slide being extended even if the coach is stabilized already? if so, a person has to compensate when initially leveling. that would seem a little counter intuitive to the average joe...
Old 07-04-2015, 03:52 AM   #19
Just a member

Quote:
Why don't the dealers or manufacturers tell you to how to compensate for the weight difference when leveling?
Because most of em don't use the products they peddle. There are savvy sellers out there but they are few and far between.

)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:59 AM   #20
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
the new lippert stabilizers adjust automatically for different terrain side to side before exerting any stabilization
They do but best practices suggests that the TT is level with the slide out before you drop the stabs. Even our single slide, depending on the pad surface, can roll the TT one to two degrees from initial level when the slide goes out. You get a feel for this (experience) as time goes by.

)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling