Old 07-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #1

Leveling problem.

On my 11th day camping(2 trips) with my new 2015 Wildwood 29FKBS TT. I'm having problem getting my unit level, side to side. It has two slides, both on driver side. One with hide-a-bed and dinette with 4 chairs. Other is short queen bed. When I pull in I un-hook and get the the unit level, and extend the stabilization jacks. Then I extend the slides. Once I do this, the unit does not maintain level. It leans to the slide side. I love the unit, but wish I could get this leveling thing down. I have no problem with the front-to-back level, just side-to-side. Does anyone else have this problem? Suggestions please. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #2

My DH has us compensate by having the bubble more to the side without the slide. If you have it slightly off level, then it should level when you have the slides out because of the redistribution of weight. If anyone else has another explaination, please feel free to correct me.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:43 AM   #3

I just bought a Heritage Glen that also has both slides on the drivers side. I saw a video on Youtube that shows the person extending the slides before leveling side to side. That makes sense, but it would be a big pain in the butt to have to duck under those slides to place the leveling pads/chocks. Taking the unit out for the FIRST time this weekend. Hope I can get it level.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
My DH has us compensate by having the bubble more to the side without the slide. If you have it slightly off level, then it should level when you have the slides out because of the redistribution of weight. If anyone else has another explaination, please feel free to correct me.
X2....i like it. It sounds better than running the slides out and then pulling on blocks. If you got those graduated bubble levels for the sides of the coach, you could get a handle on just how much offset you needed. The new stabilizers will not maintain level as I understand it.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #5
Alleged curmudgeon

stansoper - My TT has two slides on driver's side. When extended, their weight lifts the door (curb) side just over an inch. Therefore, we always try to level L to R with the driver's side at least an inch high before extending the slides, after which the unit approaches true level. I actually raise the driver's side closer to 2 inches, because the head of the bed is on that wall, which allows us to sleep with our heads slightly elevated.

eresidae - I would NEVER want to move the unit with the slides extended. I doubt that either the slides or the TT are made for those stresses.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #6

We have a 8329ss. It too will lean to the side with the two slides. I just park it level front to back, put all three slides out, then lift the low side with a bottle jack just in front of the axles until level. Then put down the front and rear electric stabilizers. Takes the bounce out when walking around in the unit too.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #7

Just settled in new site. Was level with no slides out. Put 2 leveling blocks under each tire on slide side. Drove on bloocks, put out slides and wa-la it was level. Why don't the dealers or manufacturers tell you to how to compensate for the weight difference when leveling?
Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #8

Just double checking you are not using the stabilizers to level side to side correct?????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #9

Stabilizers should not be used to lift the trailer. Just to stabilize.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #10

He said leveling blocks under tires. No problem there.

Tags
leveling