Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #1

Question Leveling Rear Slide Out on Roo

I have a 2008 Rockwood Roo 21RS and was wondering if anyone has ever leveled the rear slide out. I noticed that ours is a little out of being level(rear a little low and could go up slightly)and didn't know if it was that way for a reason. I was going to support the slide in the out position from outside underneath and then loosen the bolts at the bottom mount from inside to adjust it to level and then re-tighten. Is this OK? Is there another way I should level it?
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #2

Mine is doing the same thing. I was eager to see an answer to this. I want to wait until I try to adjust. I may take it down to a local rv shop I know and see what they say.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #3

after talking with another rv owner and looking at my rear slide it was only slightly out of adjustment and didn't really need it. the other owner pointed out that if you make it level there is a chance that rain runoff on the top will run towards the trailer versus away from the trailer. water is a trailers enemy and this isn't a good thing and will open the door for future problems. i opted to leave it alone and just snug up al the bolts for the rear slide. in doing so, i noticed a few bolts real loose and even one bolt missing a locking nut. hope this helps.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, rear slide out