Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

Lippert slide undriven end will not move

When slide is activated on 04 FR toyhauler the end without the hyd ram will not follow driven end. I cannot find diagram of mechanism. Suspect a rack and pinion type arrangement but don't want to tackle underbelly until some idea. Also this model has two large slides and both are powered by on elect.solenoid. Anyone know if it could be possible to add two way valves and switches to in and out lines to move one at a time
newcowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #2

Have never seen a Lippert hyd system that only drove a single actuator for any slide. Are you sure there is only one actuator (hyd ram)?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #3

Each slide has its own hyd ram but there is only one solenoid valve that drives them at the same time. I am referring to adding two way valves to allow control of each slide independantly
newcowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #4

Your write up to me sounded as though only one end of a slide was going out/in and it is a LIppert hyd system. Each Lippert hyd driven slide has 2 hyd rams (actuators) one on each end and this is what I was pointing out. Your reply to my input makes no sense to me and does not collate with your original question. I thought your issue was that a slide was only moving on one end and sounded as though you might think there is a single ram for the slide. Maybe I'm just not getting it. I'm done.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #5

I also read the article as a (one each) slide that has a hydraulic cylinder on only one end. The OP's other post, #3, indicates that "each slide has its own hyd ram but there is only one solenoid valve that drives them at the same time". I take this to mean that each slide has only one hydraulic cylinder and that both cylinders are actuated by only one electric solenoid valve. I cannot quite picture an RV slide that has one hydraulic cylinder to move the slide in/out and has the cylinder mounted on one end of the slide. Maybe one cylinder mounted in the middle of the slide, or two cylinders mounted one on each end of the slide. Now--to the question of "adding two way valves to allow control of each slide independently". Let's change the wording on this--you are wanting to add one (1) electrically operated solenoid valve to your system. This would give you one (1) solenoid valve per slide unit. But--there is also the problem of changing/rearranging hydraulic hoses to make this work. Can this be done? Yes. IF you know the mechanisms of hydraulic systems and how to make the changes necessary to accomplish this. Please go back to look deeper into you situation to make sure you have only one hydraulic cylinder per slide and where it is located in reference to operating each slide unit. Photos would be nice IF there are actually one cylinder per slide and the cylinders are mounted on only one end of the slide units. We're here to help but some things need to be clarified.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide