Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

Living room slide out.

I'm praying someone can help me. My living room slide out will not retract. The right side seems to work but not the left so it goes in crooked then jams up. I've tried pushing on the left side but it won't budge and now it's stuck open. It's a 2013 Wildcat 312 BHX. I can't even find how or where to access the left side motor. Any help would be so appreciated. I also feel that a one year warranty on any unit that expensive is really cheesy. 5 year warranties would be much more acceptable.
dlbarr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbarr66 View Post
I'm praying someone can help me. My living room slide out will not retract. The right side seems to work but not the left so it goes in crooked then jams up. I've tried pushing on the left side but it won't budge and now it's stuck open. It's a 2013 Wildcat 312 BHX. I can't even find how or where to access the left side motor. Any help would be so appreciated. I also feel that a one year warranty on any unit that expensive is really cheesy. 5 year warranties would be much more acceptable.
Is the camper level ? Sometimes an unlevel camper can torque the slide.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #3

It looks like you have the Schwintek system, here a good thread to read...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-71955.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Is the camper level ? Sometimes an unlevel camper can torque the slide.
Yes, the coach is completely level.
dlbarr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
It looks like you have the Schwintek system, here a good thread to read...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-71955.html
Sounds like the slide might be out of sync...

fonzie pointed you in the right direction...

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
Infractee

There is a really good video on youtube that explains how those work and how to fix them when they stop working. It also tells you how to properly operate it. Seems like they should include that video on a DVD in each camper they sell with those in them.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #7

Quote:
\It happened to me too, you have a sheered pin on one side as it sound. I had to fix it myself it is very pricy to call RV tech and come to fix it as it is not movable. I bought some new pins at Auto part store. I had to take off the underbelly and used a couple of jacks to line up both gears it is a pain to do it as it has to be perfectly aligned with your RV body. The pin is easy to remove and install. Mine was electric slide yours might be some what different if you have a hydraulic system. The cause of this could be your limit switch if you have one. I would check that also if its installed correctly.
Good luck.
Cheers
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
I also feel that a one year warranty on any unit that expensive is really cheesy. 5 year warranties would be much more acceptable.
Not that this helps you now, you could've purchased a 2nd year factory warranty, for only $150.
But i assume your dealer didn't tell you about that, cause he wanted to sell you an expensive 3rd party warranty.
By the way, one year factory warranties are the standard in the RV Industry.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Not that this helps you now, you could've purchased a 2nd year factory warranty, for only $150.
But i assume your dealer didn't tell you about that, cause he wanted to sell you an expensive 3rd party warranty.
I don't think this will help him now. Please send help not criticism. It's a good info where it's available not all companies provide that.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinglobal View Post
I don't think this will help him now. Please send help not criticism. It's a good info where it's available not all companies provide that.
stallsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #11

SYN

run it in all the way, extend it about a third of the way out, do this three times, then extend it all the way, then back in, hold the button until the noise completely stops,usually about three to four seconds..'
kickster

Quote:
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #12
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinglobal View Post
I guess it's all in how your read things- I didn't see criticism. Unfortunately, with text-based communication, you can't emote feeling, body language, etc.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:42 PM   #13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I guess it's all in how your read things- I didn't see criticism. Unfortunately, with text-based communication, you can't emote feeling, body language, etc.
All good we here to help if we can. Any info is valuable.

Tags
roo, slide, slide out