Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleebou View Post
He just sent me a picture of the gear removed. The inside is not hexagonal like Lippert’s stock gears so we can’t just interchange them, unfortunately.
As i said a machine shop can make this picture very easily and have them use a stronger metal. It is worth a try and alot cheaper. I thought they had to keep old parts for 5 years when they change designs?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:09 AM   #22

The gear may be intended as the sacrificial component in the system, be mindful that making the gear from stronger material may cause other more expensive/difficult to replace components to fail- just saying.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royston View Post
The gear may be intended as the sacrificial component in the system, be mindful that making the gear from stronger material may cause other more expensive/difficult to replace components to fail- just saying.
You make a good point, but you have the sister part out of weaker metal, it would be eaiser to change then that spur gear. Everyone that has a problem it is always that spur sproket. That i have seen. I would make it stronger but thats just my opinion, and you have brought up good advice. Systems shouldnt strip, thats why they install overload breakers. To many amps and it should trip the pump fuse or breaker, even if you need to reduce it 5 to 10 amps to be safe. But its not my unit. There is a way around that.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
As i said a machine shop can make this picture very easily and have them use a stronger metal. It is worth a try and alot cheaper. I thought they had to keep old parts for 5 years when they change designs?
I would have thought they would be required to keep the parts in stock for that long. They bought out the company in 2014 and discontinued the part. It’s infuriating that they don’t stock them but I suppose, since they obviously go out a lot, they could have run out. It should not be this complicated.
kayleebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #25

M-Tec/Lippert slide spur gears-help!

Found this gear at Grainger. Easy enough to remove the shoulder. Already bored and keyed. The existing gear will need to be measured and verified as to the correct one to purchase. When reassembled, make sure the gear teeth on the spur gear are not bottoming out on the rack. If they are, adjustment will be needed.
You could contact Motion Industries in your area, take them the gear and they will quote it, bored, keyed with shoulder removed. They do counter sales to the public.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1460.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	169968  
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide