Old 12-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
main hydrolic slide on 2014 365saqb

only one response in "slide" sub forum so thought id try here. Thanks

Just looking for opinions and experience with same problem we have had with our main slide. It periodiclly gets stuck 1/2 way in or so while retracting. Rides up approx. 8" on inside. If you step on the slide on the inside it will drop down on the inside and you can put it out some and then will come in fine. showed the dealer and they said it is just the new top slide seal sticking causing the slide to "ride up". Im calling FR now to see what they say. The dealer has my unit now for multiple minor fixes and said will lube slide good and will "probebly not get stuck anymore" what do u think about this? has anyone heard of this happening? It freaked us out the 1st time it did it, it did it our first time out and I was able to just put it out again and it dropped on its own and then was able to retract it normally. thanks.

quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Sounds to me like it is rolling up on something. Did you ever look under it while it comes up those 8". I had the same RV except 2013. I don't ever remember having my slide come up 8". Does it do that every time?

2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
thanks cajun, nope not every time just once in a while, when its lubed hopefully it will be ok. went to get stuff out today at dealer and when pulled it back in it was fine. If it does it ever again after they say they lubed it i will insist they adress the problem as an adjustment.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
I would ask them to run it full out and in several times before I drove it off the lot.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #5

Either way its NOT normal. Certainly doesn't seem like a lube issue but for your sake I hope it's that simple. More like an alignment issue. Like its getting hung up on top causing the bottom to rise. The slide mechanism is on the bottom and has possibly shifted. If you look you will see where the slide rails connect to the room there is an adjustment up and down. It is a slotted plate with a bolt. I'd thoroughly test it before you tow it away. If it still does it I certainly wouldn't accept it. Hope it works out.
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
2008 Ford F350 Super Duty
6.4L Powerstroke Long Bed CC
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I have a question for you. When you say it "it gets stuck", are all the other slides already in? Mine all move at varying intervals, until they are all snugged up. If it's getting stuck under full hydraulic pressure, it sounds like more than a seal sticking.
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #7
good point aqua man. I think I remember all were in and it was stuck. I will check that for sure now. We went to get some stuff out last tues and we had to open the main slide and when I brought it back in it came in fine. this problem is intermitant.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
My 09 has had a few slide issues. I don't know about the newer units, but on mine its very easy to forget and leave something in the way of the slide, caused mine to strip a gear and bend a shaft, so I know all about how they are put together. Took me about half a day to repair it.....I can tell you on the 09 model its very poorly designed (in my opinion), looking at other coaches I can see they have a better designed product. The FR design uses a single hydraulic cylinder on one side, then a shaft and gear mechanism to handle the other side. It works, but not very smoothly. It took me a while to get it adjusted so that it would work smoothly, I would suspect your is out of adjustment. Other coaches have 2 cylinders, one on each side of the slide, some even have 3.....Like I said, I don't know about the new FR units, I have not crawled under one to look yet.
2009 Charleston FR
Fort Worth, TX
Jeep Wrangler Toad
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #9
Posts: 111 fine every time now. lubricated real good and had in and out about 18 times now with no problems. I will still keep an eye on it when coming in for this camping season coming up.

365, 365saq, slide