Old 09-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

Main slide cut vinyl floor

Hello everyone, im new here. I bought a new 2014 palomino solaire 317bhsk. Picked it up 2 days ago. When we did our walk through, the drawer below the sink was out of the track. (no biggie, me and the tech fixed it easily). The front right access door is bent ( someone pulled on the door with the thumb wheel closed ). They are going to try and get me a new door. The big issue was with the slide. Looking at the front of the slide, at the bottom on the front, we could see plywood. It was the floor of the slide. The guy fixed it. Put a few more screws underneath to hold it. All looked good. We took it camping that night. When we went to open the main slide it had blown the fuse. Changed the fuse and the slide went out. We looked down and there was a groove cut into the vinyl floor. We put a piece of plastic down on the floor when we closed it to come home.
This is my first trailer with a slide.
Question one is. Do all slides rub on the floor when going in and out?
Second question. What would you guys want from warranty?
Depending on how they fix it, the vinyl will shrink over time and by then warranty would be over and I would be paying to fix it again.
If they replace the entire vinyl floor, they would have to dis-assemble the whole trailer. Not sure if I want it after that. The amount of things that would be wrong with it would be crazy. Not tightning screws enough. Or too tight and stripping them. Water leaks from fittings. Electrical issues.
I have called the dealer. Left a message and waiting for them to call me back.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.
Our slide does not touch the floor at all when it is being opened or closed.
We purchased our unit in August of 2012 and used it a few times before storing it for the winter. Upon entering it in the spring we noticed that the vinly flooring had a big tear from the vinyl contracting under the slide to under the bed. (approx 6 feet long). Sent pictures to the dealer and they checked and said it was covered. The way it was repaired was that the flooring was cut out around all the cupboards, etc and then replaced the same way. Nothing was removed from the unit to do it. They installed some quarter round trim in certain areas to help hold down the new flooring and you would be hard pressed to tell that it wasn't from the factory. Check with your dealer on if it is warranty or not.

Good luck.

Bill and Diane
Cobalt, Ont
2012 Grey Wolf 18rb

Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #3

Our slide doesn't touch the floor - BUT we did have a screw come loose in a cabinet door and result in a small tear in the floor. we are waiting for a new piece of vinyl that will be cut into the existing floor. I have some concerns over the longevity. We are having a local flooring expert do the actual repair and are hopeful it will be ok. We will be back at the factory next year so if it looks like it is not going to last we might have to convince them to do something more.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #4

Using 1/4 round would be ok with me. My only concern about cutting around everything and using 1/4 round is that the vinyl might shrink in a few years. Then im doing the floor again. I know a few people with car trailers with a vinyl floor and they shrunk in a few years.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #5

Did it look like this or worse...I'm going to chalk this up to wear and tear..Make sure you file that screw head down or your going to have the same problem over and over....

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-404207916.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	39598
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #7

My floor looks a little worse than "billt01" floor. Accept mine is right in front of the main entry door. So you see it as soon as you walk in. The dealer said that they are taking everything out of the trailer and putting in a new vinyl floor.

Tags
slide