Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

Main slide out on FR3

Our 2014 FR3 30DDS has operated fine until today. Just arrived at campsite and the main slide out moves about 2" then stops and makes a sound like an impact wrench. Rear slide out works fine. Ideas?? Of course this happens when all mechanics have gone home.
WanderingFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

Look to see if something is blocking the SO from sliding out OR blocking the tracks.

Erik Lundquist
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #3

Sounds like it could be a gear problem.
welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #4

Exact same thing happened to mine. FR3 Bed slide out. Went about 1/2 way and then jackhammer. (both going in and out). If you had someone outside pushing or pulling they could get it past the bad sport. The dealer had to order parts and repair it under warranty.

Try having a person or two outside pulling while you operate. That will get it out for the weekend and you MIGHT need someone to help push it back when you break camp...
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #5

This seems to operate on cables and the slide out is on rollers. Jim your idea makes the sense, thanks for the info, do you know what they replaced?
Old 08-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #6

Sorry, no. I do know it took a couple weeks for them to get the part(s), but I suspect they just failed to order them when they were supposed to. Whatever it was, it is a common problem, since they knew right away what to do. Which is why I was little irritated that they didn't carry the part(s) in stock...

BTW, I actually used mine 2 or 3 times while waiting for part, by just having someone help push/pull the slide out.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #7

I'm glad you were able to use your slide out with help of a push or pull but since mine is the main slide, I'm afraid that it might take several people to move it. Guess we'll wait to get back to a dealer next week.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #8

THAT HAPPEN TO ME,,,
I found it to be a rag that had gotten caught on the shaft under the slide out,,,
in a storage compartment,,, Guess you know there are no more rags in that compartment !!! LIVE & LEARN !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #9

Had same problem. Gear box was stripped, replaced under warranty by dealer. Had to push in with help from some fields while wife operated switch. Norco accu-slide with cables. Good luck!
conddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #10

FR3 slide

Our 2014 FR3 had the same problem with the bedroom slide. Only difference was I had it out putting clothes in for a trip and it wouldn't go in. Long story short, the gear box had to be replaced. That was a year ago.
gfritz1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #11

slide problems with electric slides FR CC 38FL

Can't get right front electric slide to go out. It travels about 3 inches and then the front side stops and slide binds up. This is the second time this needs to be repaired on our 2014 Cedar Creek 38FL in less than 2 months. Any words of wisdom?
numbersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:37 AM   #12

Go to Norco accu-slide web site and call customer service,a tech will call you back and help. I had a cable come detached and Tim was excellent in helping me get everything working probably. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:41 AM   #13

FR CC electric slide binding

Thanks Conddave,

Am taking it back to dealer tomorrow AM. I will keep your comments for later when warranty is done. It is going back to Forrest River on the 10th for 30+ issues to be worked on. Just came back from the UP and have more screws falling out. What a Quality nightmare!

Bill
numbersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #14

That great. I have been to the Forest River repair facility in Elhart for my slide repair, make sure to check everything before you leave! My slide repair failed 3 months after being repaired.There is 50amp service in the parking lot,so you can hook up and spend the night.Good luck!

Tags
slide, slide out