Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Ziffelpig

Manual extending of slide out

My problem started when I was de winterizing my RV a 2010 Coachmen freelander 30QB a few weeks ago. I have to extend the slide out to access my hot water tank and the bypass. It started fine then momentarily stopped, I released and repressed it went out fine, and then came back in just fine.
Went camping the following day to a site with 30 amp power, slide out will not budge nothing on the out switch, but there seems to be power to bring it back in. We get home two days later plug in after changing two 15 amp fuses slide out works. We go out the following weekend with extra fuses again to a powered site again no slide out. We get back home plug in no slide out, all fuses seem fine. I have checked and charged the battery. The relays? in the battery box seem fine.
I have located the motor and believe I have the lippert electric with manual over ride. I know some one has to hold the over ride switch my problem is finding the hex nut.
My pamphlet says manually crank room in by the 3/4 hex nut located on the motor/gear box assembly.
My question, is it the visible nut? or is it hidden behind the plastic boot/cover?
Here is a picture I am using dropbox so I hope the link shows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbiqs4y92brx08f/DSC_0619.jpg
Ziffelpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:19 AM   #2
Incheon, S. Korea

The Coachmen we rented had the same problem. I used slide locks to keep it shut during our trip and the dealer completely removed the motor! The control module for the slide was faulty. It was the same year and model as yours I think. Be careful. They burned up three motors trying to fix it!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
Ziffelpig

I figured it out. It is the visible nut. Removing the boot cover is not necessary. Opening and closing the slide out manually requires a 5/8 inch socket and someone to hold the manual override button.
Ziffelpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide, slide out