Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #1

Manual slide out operation

I have a just purchased 2020 Salem 263BHXL. During the PDI, I asked about manual slide out operation in the event of loss of power or motor malfunction. I really wasn't satisfied with his answer, "the manual thingy is behind the rubber seal somewhere", don't worry about it. He went on to say, he has never seen a motor fail and if is a battery issue, I could use jumper cables to my truck battery. So, does anybody know where the "thingy" is located and have a procedure? I looked at the manual and website and could only see a mention of the "ability" to do it, but not how.
Thank you!
Happycamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #2

If you slide is as in video with the top and bottom side rails, then you have a Schwintek in-wall slide system.

Here is links to you tube videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...chwintek+slide
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #3

That is the one I have. Thank you. It seems there isn't a manual way to crank it in/out. That is kind of disappointing. Now to find where that controller is hidden, at least if there is a sync fault you can override that and get it operational. It isn't in the front storage compartment, so gotta keep looking.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
Commercial Member

John (Happycamper56),

We would be happy to assist you with this question regarding your manual slide operation. Please contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...97739017118766.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
John (Happycamper56),

We would be happy to assist you with this question regarding your manual slide operation. Please contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...97739017118766.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
Thank you! I have sent a message.
To be perfectly clear, I was treated very well at the dealership, it was my fault that I didn't do more digging on the slide operation (I had a long day), maybe ask for one of the techs to get a better explanation.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #6

Just to clarify about jumping the battery, that was my assumption and I didn't write it that way. It should have read:

Quote:
He went on to say, he has never seen a motor fail. I guess if is a battery issue, I could use jumper cables to my truck battery.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #7
Hank

I have worked for some 50 years in a technical field and do my own service after warranty. After I have purchased a new RV I start going to the original manufactures of the different systems in the RV collecting documentation to support installation/service & repair. I put this info into a binder and build on that as I can. This info is easy to obtain. What is hard to get is the documentation on the complete RV system, they (RV maker) either don't have or unwilling to supply that. I have had OK luck with FR but the technical data is either engineering or manufacturing and not really service related. What I do is to asked(FR) every 2-3 months for something and build on the date I am collecting.

Hank
Henry Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Barnes View Post
I have worked for some 50 years in a technical field and do my own service after warranty. After I have purchased a new RV I start going to the original manufactures of the different systems in the RV collecting documentation to support installation/service & repair. I put this info into a binder and build on that as I can. This info is easy to obtain. What is hard to get is the documentation on the complete RV system, they (RV maker) either don't have or unwilling to supply that. I have had OK luck with FR but the technical data is either engineering or manufacturing and not really service related. What I do is to asked(FR) every 2-3 months for something and build on the date I am collecting.

Hank
Thanks Hank, that is exactly what I am doing. I have a folder on my computer with a PDF or Image files, on everything I have been able to find on my trailer during my research. The links that Fonzie provided led me to some great info on my slide and how to override faults that the control module might detect.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #9

I'm considering buying a 2020 Salem 263 Bh 263 BHXL.Overall has this been a good trailer for you so far?
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I'm considering buying a 2020 Salem 263 Bh 263 BHXL.Overall has this been a good trailer for you so far?
To be honest we have only had a chance to take it out once during Thanksgiving weekend, and only overnight. Due to an electrical problem with my daughter's trailer, the whole family, 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 4, 6, & 8), moved in to our trailer. So we had a total of 4 adults and the 3 kids, and we had plenty of room. At around 4 pm it started snowing, and it got pretty chilly outside, but we were comfortable and everyone slept well. We decided to go with the 26 over the 24 to get the dinette/couch in the slide. It has way more setting room when everyone is stuck inside.

Tags
manual, slide, slide out