Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #1

No Power to Slide-out In/Out Switches

I own a 2004 Georgetown 370TS with 3-slides. Two slides are hydraulically actuated, the 3rd is electric. I took the RV out for a drive yesterday and noticed when I got home that the living room slide had moved out about an inch and wanted to reset it. When I tried, however, the slides would not work. I don't believe I am getting any power to the slide control switches on the control panel, although all of the other switches (water pump, HW heater, arctic pak, etc.) are fine.

I believe the slide and jack fuses are located under the entrance steps with the batteries, but there is no schematic to indicate what controls what. Anyone experience this before and do you have a recommendation other than replacing every fuse one at a time? Thanks.
BigMac8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #2

Well, I went back out to the MH this morning to check the fuse area under the steps. I didn't change-out any fuses, but I did remove and reinsert some, plus I also physically disconnected the battery when I was disturbing all the fuses and reconnected it after. And surprise, the slide switches had come back to life. So must have had a bad connection somewhere or maybe a little corrosion interrupting the circuit. Sure wish I knew what I actually did! But all's well that ends well. I'll have to pay more attention to cleanliness in that area in the future because the under-step battery / fuse area is very exposed to the elements, especially when driving.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #3

You could change all your connections to "weatherproof" connectors or in the meantime, treat all those connections with dielectric grease. This will add a little protection for awhile by sealing them from the elements. Permatex/Dielectric tune-up grease 22058 at AutoZone.com.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #4

Thanks. Good recommendation. The dielectric won't impede the performance of the fuses?
Old 12-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #5

Dielectric (particularly a thin "wipe" of it on all connections) is a really good thing. I do it on all bulbs, too; cause if they get hot and seize, they are a pain to get out of their sockets!

Long Leaf Piners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #6

BTW, I spray a Dielectric on my fifth plug-in; something that always catches extra moisture.

Long Leaf Piners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac8253 View Post
Thanks. Good recommendation. The dielectric won't impede the performance of the fuses?

No. Dielectric grease is specifically formulated for electrical connections & as mentioned.....bulb sockets.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #8

How embarassing

I know it sounds ridiculous but did you have your ignition turned on when you tried to move your slides? As much as I hate to admit it I've done that. The motor doesn't have to be running just the key turned on.
Also, there is a breaker under the stairs for the living room slide.
We have a Forest River Georgetown 359 with 3 slides. You don't get much support from the company.
2ramblers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slide, slide out