Old 06-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #1

One Month Old = First Major Problem

Well, one month after purchasing our brand new 2013 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25KS, we have encountered our first problem. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.... Apparently the slide out is not closing squarely which has caused some separation of the slide out frame from the exterior fiberglass. Worst part of all, our local dealer, Tom Johnson Camping Center, is two to three weeks behind on repairs. This means we"re going to miss half of June worth of camping!
If you have a new schwintek slide out system, keep an eye on it and make sure it is closing evenly top to bottom. Otherwise, it could cause ugly looking problems to your TT or RV!!!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosseyed08 View Post
Well, one month after purchasing our brand new 2013 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25KS, we have encountered our first problem. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.... Apparently the slide out is not closing squarely which has caused some separation of the slide out frame from the exterior fiberglass. Worst part of all, our local dealer, Tom Johnson Camping Center, is two to three weeks behind on repairs. This means we"re going to miss half of June worth of camping!
If you have a new schwintek slide out system, keep an eye on it and make sure it is closing evenly top to bottom. Otherwise, it could cause ugly looking problems to your TT or RV!!!
Well this isn't good.......
Any other dealers close by?

Turbs

Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
10x

That stinks, hope it gets straightened out for you.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #4

It most certainly does stink!!! There are likely othre dealers, but I am kind of stubborn... (says my wife) I am disapointed that such a reputable dealer would deliver a unit to a customer with such and obvious mechanical flaw. The slide has not closed properly since the day we took delivery, but I have never ownded a TT before and just assumed that was how it was supposed to work.... Thus, I feel like the dealership that sold it should have to fix it! I know, I'm stubborn and a bit foolish!!! HaHaHa
Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosseyed08 View Post
You might want to check with Tom Johnson's Marion, NC shop to see if they could get to it any sooner.
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #6

I called TJ's last Fri about my fridge not working on gas. Got an appointment for next Tues, 11th. This is at Marion location.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #7

I have a schwintek slide as well and on our second trip in the new unit, I noticed that the floor rollers supporting the slide were digging into the underside of the slide floor leaving 3 scraps which have now revealed the wood.
It is in right now being looked at for the cause but I hope that they don't pass it on as " user damage" and make me pay for it.
Also is this type of slide loud, ours from pick up makes a loud squeak ( rubber on rubber) sound other than the motor noise. Any thoughts??
Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #8

Well, after spending a couple of weeks in the shop, we were finally able to use our TT this past weekend. Once again, the same problem occurred with the slide. First thing Monday I returned to Tom Johnson and pushed a little harder for this problem to be fixed correctly. Now all factory screws have been replaced with longer screws and additional screws have been added! I'm not yet convinced that the problem is fixed "correctly", but I suppose time will tell!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #9

We have had a screw back out on our slide only used 3 times took to dealer but I think it is backing out again 2013 Microlite 25ks. Did they say what was causing the problem I guess we will take ours back to dealer also. Just one screw coming out at bottom of trim.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Tom Johnson in Concord has a lousy service dept. Very obliging sales dept. tho. The one in Marion has been top drawer for us. We bought 2 campers from the Concord store, but will not darken their doors again after our little fiasco in FL in Dec.