Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #1

One More Stuck Slide

Sandpiper 35Loft. We were fulltiming, but landed about a year ago. Rig's been parked since then. Slides were out for a while, then in for a while, then back out.

We're using it for shelter for a fireworks stand. When I moved it from the house to the stand site, I ran the slides in just fine (on shore power). When I went to set it up, with a brand new house battery, the 3 slides ran out seemingly fine, but then I noticed the main LR slide stopped about 6 inches or so from fully extended. Can't recall if I was on house battery or generator at the time.

At any rate, when i hit either the main switch on the inside control panel or the aux switch at the hydraulic motor, all I get is a relay or solenoid click. The motor won't even burp. This happens either on house or shore power. Suggestions? I've checked the 3 inline fuses in the forward cargo compartment that I can find (2x30s and 1x10), as well as all of the fuses on the electrical center (bunch of 15s, and 2x30s that are under the cover). Are there any others I'm missing? Any ideas for testing? I have a multimeter available.

I've got the crank, but I'm not seeing where to attach it. The only nut that looked like it would work was too large for what was supposed to be the slide crank, and I wouldn't have had room to rotate that crank anyway. Is that crank only for the 2 smaller slides? Our LR slide is 10-12 feet or so.

When I look at the motor and pump, I see the little paper cover that I can remove to access the drill system. Is that the only place to manually run the system? The silver section with the hydraulic lines coming out is just the manifold, right?

And of course, someone called today to see the rig tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide pump 640.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	33814  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #2

Update: I was able to use my cordless drill to run the slide the rest of the way out. But as far as I can tell, the motor is still out, which is disconcerting. Anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Showed the rig today, too. They seemed very interested.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Dallas Texas

Did you verify power at the motor lug? Is it properly grounded?

When you press the slidout swtich can you fell the motor grab or do you hear it hum?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, here's a link to the owner's manual for LCI hydraulic slide system from their web site...perhaps it will help. http://lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners...de-out-web.pdf

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Dallas Texas

Dave - Thanks for posting that manual. I was going to but left my thumb drive at home.