Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Question operate slide out manually

Hello everyone, I have a 2014 rockwood mini lite 2104s travel trailer, where can I found the motor or transmission to manually operate it in case the motor fail? , I have the manual that the dealer gave to me but only have general info but not specific instructions for my model. Also I want to know if my electric tongue can be manually operated, thank you.
javierq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think your camper has a Schwintek slide drive system...it should have drive tracks on the sides of the slide like below, 2 per side...

Here's the manual for Schwintek slide drives... http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...t%20System.pdf

Dave
Attached Images

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #3

I have a 2109S which I believe is pretty similar to your 2104S unless things changed from 2013 to 2014. In your camper when you received it- there should be a gold colored rod. There is a nut under the couch, on mine on the right side near the floor. This is all inside. You fit the rod end over the nut and hand crank. Also know that the fuse for the slide is outside under the front end of the camper a little behind the battery. You will see a small green rectangle hanging there. This is a 30 amp fuse. If your slide fails, the first thing to check is the fuse. Mine failed once and now I carry a spare 30 amp fuse as well as extra fuses for the inside fuse box.

If you cannot find the nut for the hand crank, let me know and I will take a photo and post it. I do not keep my camper at home so I can't send a photo right now.

Welcome to the forum. Much to be learned here.

Edit-now I see that you do not have a couch, you have the dinette. But I would suspect that the system is the same and you will find the nut under/inside the dinette structure.

Good luck!
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #4

They're not the same. The motors for the slide in the 2104S are in the slide wall frame at the top on each side. There is no manual crank on this system (the link Dave provided will explain it). The motor controller is located on the front wall of the trailer in the pass through storage just to the left of the water filter. If, for instance, one motor burns up you can put it in override and have someone help push will you operate the other motor. If something were to short out, you would disconnect the motors from the controller and you would be able to just push the slide in and reconnect it to lock it. If a motor froze up, you can access the motors from the outside and remove a set screw to lift the motors out of the way and the slide will move freely.

Also, the jack can be cranked down with one of the cranks that came with the trailer. You access the nut on the jack through the hole the bubble level on top is covering.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #5

Now i know, thank you very much
javierq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide, slide out