Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Our first trip in the new Apex, then trouble at home

Wife, dog, and I went to one of the state parks here in SC last weekend for our first outing in our new Apex 268BHS. First day great weather then the rain set it. And man did it rain. No worries though, we still had a blast. So peaceful. Setting up and breaking down took a little longer than I expected even though I had practiced at home. But no problems since I had compiled detailed checklist.

Back at home we parked the unit on our driveway concrete pad and unloaded/cleaned it. Slide opened to give us more room. After cleaning slide retracted and closed up for the night. More heavy rain. The next afternoon I went inside the unit and found water. Puddled near the door that had run across the floor from the slide area. Some more from the rear area of the slide near the bathroom door. Cleaned it up immediately and checked the slide which was all the way in, windows closed, etc. I had used a small leaf blower and ladder to completely clean things off at the campsite and when cleaning at home it was dry. Called the dealer and he said bring it up so its there now. I reached around the slide from the inside and the seal was wet. I don't understand how it rained so hard with the slide out and no leaks and even at home it has been rained on with the slide closed and no problema. I couldn't find any obstructions. Any ideas out there?
Somewhere in Sunny South Carolina.
Apex 268BHS
Chevy Z71 4x4 5.3L with tow package
Captain Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote