Old 06-09-2018, 08:00 AM   #1

prism battery charge

Hello, does anyone know if (when plugged into shore power )if the chassis battery is charged too? MB tells me there is a relay in the radio that draws too much after being shut down. I have only had the problem when my unit has been in storage with out shore power. I requested a week ago, after asking Coachman about the problem, and they saying to take it to the dealer. As a result I had to ask them to advise the closest dealer available,as I am 1000 miles from the selling dealer. No response yet.

Thanks, any comments will be appreciated

larry46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:09 AM   #2

Well, if you have only had the problem when the unit is in storage without shore power, it would sound like the answer to your question is...yes!

However, if MB is right as well, then your chassis battery will go dead in storage without shore power and you will need to put in a disconnect on the chassis battery to prevent this.

Easy check with a voltmeter. Plug into shore power and measure the voltage on the chassis battery. If it is over 13 volts...the answer is yes, but you will still kill the chassis battery with the radio over long periods of powerless storage.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery