Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 AM   #1

Problem with hydraulic slide jam nuts

I had my RV in the repair shop for the reason of the slide "walking out" ... along with the hydraulic line leaking. I have a 2010 Georgetown 378 with only 7k miles on it and I am the original owner. The RV has been extremely well maintained and is in excellent condition. To my dismay, the repair shop could not make the repair as it is the jam nuts on the slide out ram causing the issue. I took pictures of the issue and plan on contacting Forest River as this is a manufacturing defect. I don't know if they're aware of this problem. All 3 slides are affected and the cost of this repair will be astronomical when it is clearly a manufacturing defect. The reputable repair shop mentioned this has to be repaired as eventually the slides will continue to move out on their own and he rod will bend which could cause the slide to drop. Please let me know if anyone else has the same issue.
Barbiedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Post the pictures of the problem here and somebody will probably have seen it before and know what avenue to take with it.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #3

I feel your frustration, I am loosing my mind. I had one leveler leaking fluid. Had to have it rebuilt for 135 and when I put it back on and filled the the system a knee full of fluid my main slide will not go out and the rebuilt jack will not come back up off the ground. I had three new batteries put in coach and the generator was on. This is a Georgetown with 23,000 miles. When I saw the fluid leak all over my driveway it’s was a milky color. Please help me if you can. Thanks Johnny D.
twobirps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #4

What did they say is wrong with the jam nuts? Can't be adjusted, rusted, etc. would like to see pictures as well.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #5

Twobirps where is your leak coming from. Are you sure the rebuild of your Jack was done correctly.? What fluid did you put back in your system?
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote