Old 10-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Question on 2012 Flagstaff 831RLSS Slide

Hi to all,

We just purchased a new-to-us 2012 Flagstaff 831RLSS. We really like the floorplan and we looked at several of the Flagstaff & Rockwood (8314SS) units before we finally bought a particular one.

So now we own it and we have some questions, and the first question is about the slide out. It was demonstrated to us multiple times during our initial visit to the dealer and during the PDI. Everything seems to work fine going out and back in, but when the slide is all the way in (when we hear the initial grind/bump that says its fully in), there is still a gap of about 1/4" to 3/8" between the slide exterior side wall and the trailer side wall. I believe this gap is the same on the front and rear of the slide. The slide does have a factory awning if that makes any difference. We asked the dealer about this gap and he said it is normal, but other units we looked at from pics we saw seemed to show (I believe) the slide exterior side wall meeting the trailer side wall when the slides are fully in. There is a plastic trim piece on our trailer that sticks out about 3/8" or so and the slide does contact that trim piece when it comes back in.

Any insight much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

MartyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
I believe I got the answer I needed.
MartyW is offline   Reply With Quote

2012, flagstaff, slide