Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #41
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kant160 View Post
UPDATE....I have been EXTREMELY patient waiting to get an answer on whats going to happen but as of to date I have NO idea. I received an email last Monday saying they were handing it to service but still nothing, no calls, no emails. I just hope I havent been forgotten. Anyone have any ideas on how I should go forward? thanks !! Beth
Beth,

Bob spoke with Mark Kritzman, the manager of the four Flagstaff/Rockwood plants, on Tuesday. He is following up to make sure folks are taking care of you.

Herk
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #42

Oh man... I am sooo sorry this happened.

Our bedroom slideout is tilted downhill so badly in our 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite that my husband wakes up with puffy circles under his eyes from his head being downhill all night. Took it to a non warranty dealer and he said its adjusted up as much as it can go. That it really should have TWO (are they called "rails"?) for it, and this has only one. Says if it gets adjusted "up" anymore (which it can't cause its up as high as it will adjust) that the paint and decals won't match. This things BRAND NEW. Anyone else with this issue? We ARE heavy people... but NEVER even thought of that with a bed slide, and were given NO warning by dealer about a weight limit on bed slide. We will be taking it in to dealer we purchased from in October...but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue! NOW I'm worried we're gonna end up like KANT160!!
livinontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #43

I would ask about supports see what they say!
kant160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #44
Plain Old Member

Anybody got an update on this? Hoping all got resolved.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #45
Site Team - Lou

Finding out the source of water intrusion is never easy.
It takes a complete post mortem to track it down.

I understand that her dealer is conducting one.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #46
Plain Old Member

Hope it turns out in their favor. I don't know about her dealer, but I hope they aren't going to try and point fingers saying it fell out due to lack of maintenance. I know that's always possible.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #47

I think mine is also about to go

Sorry to see this happen. We have a 2008 23RS and cracking has started to develop in the 4 corners at the back where the slide comes out with delaminating happening water damage). Our slide is also starting to sag and I suspect the cracks are caused by pressure from the slide when it extends. I think we're headed to the same failure as you and I'm mortified. Is this something RV repair shops can fix? I would imagine rockwood won't be interested in helping us given our trailer is almost 8 years old
Campingmanbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #48

Exclamation Unfortunately not yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Anybody got an update on this? Hoping all got resolved.
HI ....THANKS for asking about the progress of my trailer...as of today 10/13/2015 we are still waiting patiently to hear back from Forest River...we have complied w/all requests to send pictures from RV service centers that have actually SEEN the trailer first hand, letters stating they believe it was a Mfg defect and nothing what so ever to do w/waferboard being wet....I just wrote an hr ago asking for an update as we have been very forthcoming and patient. I will let you know if I hear back ....I am starting to lose faith in being HONEST! Beth.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #49

[QUOTE=Herk7769;1005814]Finding out the source of water intrusion is never easy.
It takes a complete post mortem to track it down.

I understand that her dealer is conducting one.[/QUO

STILL waiting ...very frustrated to say the least!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingmanbc View Post
Sorry to see this happen. We have a 2008 23RS and cracking has started to develop in the 4 corners at the back where the slide comes out with delaminating happening water damage). Our slide is also starting to sag and I suspect the cracks are caused by pressure from the slide when it extends. I think we're headed to the same failure as you and I'm mortified. Is this something RV repair shops can fix? I would imagine rockwood won't be interested in helping us given our trailer is almost 8 years old
I honestly think all the RS over extend causing water to get in...which in itself is a defect! Its the frame on ours that cracked ..the welded areas werent right....if you can get someone to ck it out do it ! best to you!!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:06 PM   #51

Update - This is fixable and not as bad as expected

Quote:
I honestly think all the RS over extend causing water to get in...which in itself is a defect! Its the frame on ours that cracked ..the welded areas werent right....if you can get someone to ck it out do it ! best to you!!
So I took our unit to a repair shop today and the tech was very well familiar with this issue. In fact he showed me a unit he had just repaired that had the exact same problem. Unfortunately he says he's seen it all to often with these models and when he repairs them, he goes to extra lengths to add more support and use better materials around the slide. I'm looking at about $3600 CAD to get our unit fixed which would include removing the slide, gutting the rear wall, strengthening and rebuilding the support, replacing interior wall and replacing with new fiberglass exterior wall. While I'm not happy about having to put out this kind of money I'm at least pleased it is repairable and at a cost that we can manage that isn't too excessive. We have it booked in for mid December for the repairs and he says he takes photos throughout the repair to show the progress so if I anyone wants to see how the repair is done, I'd be happy to forward and update. Not sure what age your Roo is, but I suspect you'll have difficulty going after the manufacturer to cover the repairs.
Campingmanbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #52

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingmanbc View Post
So I took our unit to a repair shop today and the tech was very well familiar with this issue. In fact he showed me a unit he had just repaired that had the exact same problem. Unfortunately he says he's seen it all to often with these models and when he repairs them, he goes to extra lengths to add more support and use better materials around the slide. I'm looking at about $3600 CAD to get our unit fixed which would include removing the slide, gutting the rear wall, strengthening and rebuilding the support, replacing interior wall and replacing with new fiberglass exterior wall. While I'm not happy about having to put out this kind of money I'm at least pleased it is repairable and at a cost that we can manage that isn't too excessive. We have it booked in for mid December for the repairs and he says he takes photos throughout the repair to show the progress so if I anyone wants to see how the repair is done, I'd be happy to forward and update. Not sure what age your Roo is, but I suspect you'll have difficulty going after the manufacturer to cover the repairs.
Im sure if I was injured or WORSE this case would already be dealt with I only HOPE it doesnt happen to someone....a child or anyone! As far as I know SO FAR I am the only one that its collapsed on and completely fell off the trailer! I cannot believe all of a sudden they are ALL ignoring me...looks like I have to go onto the next step. I wish you well with your trailer.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #53
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Glade to hear it is repairable. Wonder why FR fnever approached this issue to correct. Seems to me you should have some recorse even if the unit is as old as you say. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #54

Hey, they have your money. Why should they call you back?

Welcome to the School of Hard Knocks aka Forest River University.

While I have not had anything physically dangerous happen, I feel your pain with regard to attempting to communicate with FR. Hopefully one of the company reps who monitor this board will intervene on your behalf, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something to actually be done about it.
Theresa Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #55

Angry

They were helping me here on the forum in the beginning....Im wondering if they told them not to talk to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Bakker View Post
Hey, they have your money. Why should they call you back?

Welcome to the School of Hard Knocks aka Forest River University.

While I have not had anything physically dangerous happen, I feel your pain with regard to attempting to communicate with FR. Hopefully one of the company reps who monitor this board will intervene on your behalf, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something to actually be done about it.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #56

Quote:
They were helping me here on the forum in the beginning....Im wondering if they told them not to talk to me
Probably!
Theresa Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #57
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
We (the forum) are in no way connected with Forest River. They can't tell us to do or not do anything.

Having said that, many of us have friends and acquaintances who work there.

We use those "backdoor" connections to help where we can to try and "grease the skids" for our members and in many cases (like yours) we have been able to connect a member with exactly who they needed to communicate with.

What we can not promise is a resolution that the member will like in every case. Sometimes the wheels of progress turn slowly. The last I heard from you was that your dealer, and the FR rep you were finally connected with, were working to resolve if FR was at fault in this damage (as you stipulate) and if they were going to participate in paying none, some, or all of the repair.

What does (or did) your dealer have to say?
Old 10-19-2015, 08:01 AM   #58
Director, FROG

Quote:
I can assure you that no one has asked me not to talk with you.

Having made the initial contact to put you in touch with the right people, there's really nothing that I can add to the conversation, or to the determining the cause or the remedy for the slide's having fallen.

I've seen some of the correspondence back and forth between you and Mark Akins in the Rockwood / Flagstaff Service Center. I know that there have been requests for photos (I've not seen them, but understand that they were sent), and of course have seen the situation hashed out here on the forums as well.

The best course is to work directly with Mark and the folks at Rockwood / Flagstaff on a resolution. The reason I've not gotten back with any comments is that's there's really nothing constructive that I or others can add at this point regarding your specific situation, and so there's no point in my muddying the water.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #59

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
We (the forum) are in no way connected with Forest River. They can't tell us to do or not do anything.

Having said that, many of us have friends and acquaintances who work there.

We use those "backdoor" connections to help where we can to try and "grease the skids" for our members and in many cases (like yours) we have been able to connect a member with exactly who they needed to communicate with.

What we can not promise is a resolution that the member will like in every case. Sometimes the wheels of progress turn slowly. The last I heard from you was that your dealer, and the FR rep you were finally connected with, were working to resolve if FR was at fault in this damage (as you stipulate) and if they were going to participate in paying none, some, or all of the repair.

What does (or did) your dealer have to say?

I have and still am grateful to any and all you have done to help me, I truly and in no way want to sound like its your fault at all ...I guess I am just frustrated...I have complied w/all they have asked for...letters stating its Mfg defect, pics, altho I think Ill get more, just waiting on them to keep me posted on the progress (so far none really) Ive been so patient and willing to work with them ...Im not claiming anything that didnt happen again I always have said and still will ...Im so thrilled no one was hurt....if this happened while someone walked under it or was sitting under it ...a child, a pet etc it would have been catastrophic ....and I am just being honest when I say if I did get hurt or killed this issue would have been taken care of...Its not who I am to lie and cheat...being honest hasnt gotten me anywhere YET w/them but I can sleep at night (without falling out of bed ...so Herk I apologize you have been nothing but helpful I just thought maybe you were told to leave it alone now...again I cant thank you enough for steering me in the right direction...guess Im losing faith. thanks again Beth
Old 10-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #60
Site Team - Lou

Beth,

I wish things work out for you. I would like to say that once the situation is in the hands of your camper's warranty division we have done all we can really be expected to do.

F.R.O.G. Bob is the head honcho of the Forest River Owners Group and is as "On Your Side" as we are BUT he is not the "decider" in your situation; the division's warranty manager is (who you are already in touch with directly).

Trying to "litigate" your situation in the forum is a violation of the posting rules but I totally understand your frustration. Has your dealer given you any feedback they may have received regarding FR participation?

Tags
care, customer service, family, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, safety, slide, trailer