Old 10-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Beth,

I wish things work out for you. I would like to say that once the situation is in the hands of your camper's warranty division we have done all we can really be expected to do.

F.R.O.G. Bob is the head honcho of the Forest River Owners Group and is as "On Your Side" as we are BUT he is not the "decider" in your situation; the division's warranty manager is (who you are already in touch with directly).

Trying to "litigate" your situation in the forum is a violation of the posting rules but I totally understand your frustration. Has your dealer given you any feedback they may have received regarding FR participation?
Not as of yet Herk, he tried to get some information regarding what we could get done but they havent gotten back to him...I will handle it without commenting here for now and just let everyone know if and when something gets solved. thanks again for your help ...its greatly appreciated. Beth.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #62

Exclamation Is that your FINAL answer?

SO far I have gotten requests to get letters from RV dealer stating the collapse of the rear slide was a mfg defect and it was the aluminum frame that was responsible for the collapse....I complied with 2 letters and extra photos....they STILL are saying it was the wafer board that became wet (from OVER EXTENDING) which it shouldnt do in the first place AND they do not even make them anymore....Hmmmmm I WONDER WHY? I am giving EVERYONE w/a rear slide a heads up! IF the water that got in due to the over extension of the rear slide IS the cause then BEWARE of your slide they will ALL FALL OUT...I ONLY hope a child or pet is NOT!!! UNDER It when it does! NO slide should fall out from MINOR water damage to WAFER BOARD!!!! IF IF IF it happens to ANYONE contact me I will be the FIRST one to go to court with you! Im serious ALL I have asked is to find out HOW this could happen and fix it so it doesnt happen to anyone else!!! Forest RIver NEVER to date has even sent a rep to visually inspect this DISASTER! Im serious if I died or got seriously injured this would have been taken care of already ...Im saddened and upset that being honest has only hurt us in the long run!

Old 11-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #63

Kant 160,I think you meant (a child is NOT under it,when it falls)! Youroo!!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #64

Whew! Kant- How frustrating.. I think there is still room for court proceedings but that's up to you. There is a major liability and lack of customer service going on. I don't blame you for being 110% livid. If your child had been in the unit when that occurred would you be treating it differently? Treat it the same. I'd be calling daily with follow up (polite but stern) emails. I am not trying to rock the boat but having been in the legal field for years I think taking the laid back, patient approach will get you nowhere. Good luck and keep us posted if (doubtfully) anything changes.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #65

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Kant 160,I think you meant (a child is NOT under it,when it falls)! Youroo!!
yes sorry typing with emotion and fast....NOT UNDER IT !
Old 11-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexBunk View Post
Whew! Kant- How frustrating.. I think there is still room for court proceedings but that's up to you. There is a major liability and lack of customer service going on. I don't blame you for being 110% livid. If your child had been in the unit when that occurred would you be treating it differently? Treat it the same. I'd be calling daily with follow up (polite but stern) emails. I am not trying to rock the boat but having been in the legal field for years I think taking the laid back, patient approach will get you nowhere. Good luck and keep us posted if (doubtfully) anything changes.
hi I think you may be right and I am looking into getting a lawyer now, just wanted to avoid that but apparently they dont want to work with me at all..they said if I can tow it there (Indiana from RI and back!) they will fix it at a discount ...what? its going to cost at least $3,000. just to get it there and back...and they wont tell me what type of discount ..they just want me to go away !
Old 11-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #67
Retired Electronic Tech

If you haven't already, might contact the Attorney General's Office and BBB before contacting an attorney. Sometimes they won't touch it if it's in litigation. Would be a lot cheaper if they can do something. We haven't used them with Forest River, but have had great results with other disputes.
1995 Cobra Monterey MH; 2000 Monaco-HR MH;
2006 Montana Mountaineer FW;
2016 Flagstaff Micro Lite TT w/2010 Chevy 1500
retiredtechnician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #68

Two thoughts...

1- Isn't the factory in Elkhart, IN? I would tow it there and leave it out front with a sign (you can tell them via email if you don't have a resolution you'll be there in x amount of days) to show their customers what type of product and customer service to expect

2- Retiredtechnician is right: If possible, pull out all the stops before filing lawsuits against them. BBB and Attorney generals office is a great place to start. They will shut down all communication after you threaten a lawsuit, though I'm surprised they don't already expect one. BUT if they don't do what needs to be done, pursue an attorney. Heck, I'd talk to one anyways but don't tell them that.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #69
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kant160 View Post
hi I think you may be right and I am looking into getting a lawyer now, just wanted to avoid that but apparently they dont want to work with me at all..they said if I can tow it there (Indiana from RI and back!) they will fix it at a discount ...what? its going to cost at least $3,000. just to get it there and back...and they wont tell me what type of discount ..they just want me to go away !
Beth, I am sorry this appears not to have resolved to your satisfaction.

FR and ApexBunk's idea of a tow to the factory is not a bad one.
Call and make an appointment if you can.

I would like to remind you that should you decide to pursue a resolution via the legal system you should not post anymore regarding this issue as any settlement will surely require you to remove all comments made in open forums as part of that settlement. This happens all too often and in some cases involves hours of volunteer work tracking down posts all over the database. If you have posted in other forums you will need to track those down as well.

This is why we have prohibitions regarding "litigating via forum".

I, and the staff I am sure, wish you the very best, but we have done all we can be expected to do to help you with your problem.

Lou

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #70

I have not written on any other forums.......Im just very upset and keep thinking it will happen again to someone else and that makes me even more upset...it could be so much worse .

Tags
care, customer service, family, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, safety, slide, trailer