Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2015, 06:14 PM   #1

Replacing carpet with laminate flooring

Georgetown XL 37 ft
joesoares99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #2

I am replacing the carpet with laminate flooring. The right rear slide bed console . are there rollers under the bed or does it float over. Carpet.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #3

"joe" I'm thinking that IF there were rollers under the bed and that IF they traveled over the carpet you would be able to see some marks caused by the rollers immediately after moving the slide. One word of caution here: I have seen one RV/TT in which the owner pulled up the carpet and put down wood flooring. The problem was that the flooring was thicker than the carpet so the slide would not work with this thicker flooring. Yep, he had to rip up all the flooring he glued down to redo the flooring again with thinner flooring material. He had the thick flooring left over from a flooring job he did. This was real hardwood about 5/8" thick and he glued it well. He opted for what he called "the cheap stuff" from an apron store but it worked well.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #4

Thank. I put down a wood laminate 3/8" and it turned out great. Slides move easily over the wood and now issues with slides. Thanks again.

Tags
flooring