Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #1

Schwintek 13398-b Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Out error code

Hi Everyone,
I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer for me. Under the kitchen counter I have a Schwintek 13398-b Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Out Controller and it is flashing an error code 6 which is motor short circuit. What does this mean exactly and how do I correct the problem in as simple terms as possible because I have no electrical experience. My second questions is the power to the RV shut off and I am assuming it is the converter. (we temporarily have the battery connected to a charger so the RVs has electricity to it) We checked the power outside and it is correct and we check the fuses on the converter and they are ok as are all other fuses and GFCI. Is this error on the Slide out controller possibly causing the converter to not work? The light has not always flashed and we have not moved the slides or done anything different. It is parked and not moved. Please help
wildcat_in_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Do I understand that you have 120V AC power, but no 12V DC power in the camper and the battery went dead? The easiest way to check if the converter is working is to check the voltage across the battery with a voltmeter when plugged into shorepower...you should have at least 13.5V DC. If you don't have a voltmeter, you can test the converter by seeing if any 12V lighting works when plugged into shorepower and the battery is disconnected. You'll need to solve this problem first as it may be related to the fault code you're seeing with the Schwintek slide drive.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Denver, CO

Sounds to me like the charging circuit is not working and the battery died, and then you have restored 12v power by hooking up a battery charger to the battery.

WIthout any other information that implys that you do have a short somewhere that is drawing the system down AND your converter is burnt out or malfunctioning in some way.

If you can find the fuse to the slide out motor, I would pull that one first and then check the battery voltage both with the external charger on and then off. Report back on that (flip off the converter breaker for this test). Then flip on the converter breaker and check the voltage then and see what you get. What make and year of RV do you have, I don't see it in your signature.

There is alot that can be happening with your problem, but the above should isolate whether the slide is pulling current or not and if your converter is working at all. There are some additional fuses in the converter that also may be a problem. You need to see if the converter is working and to see what maybe causing the current drain. The slide is certainly suspect, but there may be something else at the root of the issue. If you are in Denver, I may be able to help more directly.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #4

well the good news is the code error light is no longer flashing but I do believe the converter is bad. We are in a 2010 Forest River Wildcat 34 FLR. We only get electricity, lights, etc when the battery is hooked up to the charger. If it isn't hooked up, the battery dies and we have nothing. We took the battery in and it checks out good but the converter doesn't seem to work at all. None of the fuses are blown including the 2 on the converter so I am assuming we need to replace the converter.
wildcat_in_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #5
Denver, CO

If you get 12volts to your system when it is plugged in then the converter is working, and if the battery is good then you have a major system drawing 12 volt current... OR the battery is not connected to the trailer at all.

A good volt meter would be suggested and and ammeter to go through the system and see what's going on.

Tags
slide, slide out