Old 09-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #111

Cruncher-I posted a new topic on the slide out and got a reply. There may not be one. Only the wall switch, that could be why we can't find it. So how is it adjusted and manually pushed in is my question.

Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #112

Cruncher. got a reply from Joshua from FR. That thing in my photo is the manual crank for the non-Schwintek slides. Do you have that in your compartment right below the slide? Use a ratchet to open and close manually.

Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #113

Located the Schwintech controller, attached to the top of the storage locker under the slide (the one without a hold-open clip or air-strut). Now I will be able to get it retracted if there is a problem and the motors haven't been baked. I will be extremely careful with the slide.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #114

so for the other folks with slide issues, pull out the old measuring tape and measure corner to corner on all sides, it seems as though they build some out of square, causing all kinds of issues.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #115

I kept getting an error message on my Schwintek controller that said it was a shorted motor. Replaced motor which finally cured the error. Lip pert
Refused to replace the motor saying the old motor is fine. Flakey system.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by uralman View Post
I kept getting an error message on my Schwintek controller that said it was a shorted motor. Replaced motor which finally cured the error. Lip pert
Refused to replace the motor saying the old motor is fine. Flakey system.
Schwintek system has to be the worst possible slide system out there, My brother in law had one on his lance and two years broke 3 times, He sold it back to the dealer for a loss, he just couldn't depend on it anymore. He bought a new trailer without slides.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #117

Paul M. Can you give me the contact name of the dealer and an app. cost ? Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #118

Lube the rails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uralman View Post
Mine had an error message 6 that would indicate a shorted motor. But the slide worked fine. To get rid of the error message we replaced the controller and then the motor. Also ran a new cable and yet the error message remains. The slide works ok but the controller flashes 6 times each time the slide is extended. Go figure.
Had this exact same issue/symptoms! Tried all the troubleshooting that Schwintek has out there to no avail took into my RV guy. Turns out the slide rails needed lubed up (he used WD40, swears by it) and everything started working perfectly. Motors were working too hard and the controller reported short/low voltage.

Kindof late to the party here but I have to put this note in for others that might searching.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #119

what schwintek won't tell you is they have had problems with their motors and are going from a 300 to 1 to a 500 to 1 gear ratio . this is not a bad system for small slides . but have seen them on coaches with very large slides and they just can't handle the weight
Old 11-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #120

What finally fixed mine was again replacing the motor. Now seems fine. Lip pert says there is nothing wrong with the old motor and refused the warranty claim. This slide uses the high torque motors. I always lubed mine. It is a big heavy kitchen slide.

Tags
slide