Old 11-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #11

Pull wires to both motors get 4 people push slide in then reinstall wires and slide locks in and safe to drive. Have done 3 times

Old 11-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #12

Pull wires at controller. But very important to reinstall wires. Then go give alide a tug it should not move.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #13

I have a one year old Vibe 6504 that has been out of operation more than I have had use of, due to multiple failures in the Schwintek slide system! From the day we drove it off the lot the slide has never snugged up equally front to back. After finding the control module buried deep beneath the step with almost zero access I was told that it was the front motor brake was not holding when retracted. This was replaced then the entire system failed! They then replaced both motors only to discover they think it was the control module! I am now very aware that if you pull the two wire harnesses from the control module you can, if you have enough brute strength, manually shove it in or out! Always remembering to plug them back when finished pushing manually. Each of these occurences was a one hour drive each way along with the time spent waiting!! Each time I gathered that each time was a grasp on the part of Schwintek. I have also gotten very good at lying in my floor to look at the control module and hit the little white button 6 times followed by holding the seventh time and waiting for the lights to flash alternately to put it in limp mode! I think a Schwintek will not be in my future purchase plans! Live and Learn!!! I think maybe I could design a much better system given a couple of wires and a come along!!! Seriously though I would really love to hear others experiences and advice they may have.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #14

If you have a Schwintek system you should watch the following video, it may turn out to be of great value to you.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #15

Thankfully I have never had to resort to dropping my motors. Fortunately we were able to just unplug the wires from the control module and shove the slide. After researching found the trick of six punches of the white button followed by a hold on seventh engaged the motors and allowed us to open and close.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #16

Little hope if controller is toast

Mechanic finally jumpered the bad controller to retract slide. The video mentioned in an earlier post is almost useless if the controller goes bad, no blinking LEDs, pushing button 6 times doesn't work. Also, unplugging the controller from the motors might work, but I didn't have a football team handy to push the slide in! That would be another comment on the video, small empty slide, not realistic. My slide is probably three times the size of the one in the video.

Anyway, after $170.00 service call the trailer is back in the storage lot, I'm home getting sticker shock for the price of a new controller! $250.00!!

Who's camping for Thanksgiving? I will if I can get a new controller in time!

Old 11-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #17

I did have a problem the first year of ownership, with my schwintek system. The wire came off the control module ( located under the stove drawer ). At that point, I told my self, I need to get an extended warranty to cover this type of repairs. These units have to many electrical components to mess with. Back when I started camping, one didn’t have microwaves, T.V., A/C, and slide outs. My thoughts are, all this stuff is bouncing in here, and that can’t be good.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisker View Post
Mechanic finally jumpered the bad controller to retract slide. The video mentioned in an earlier post is almost useless if the controller goes bad, no blinking LEDs, pushing button 6 times doesn't work. Also, unplugging the controller from the motors might work, but I didn't have a football team handy to push the slide in! That would be another comment on the video, small empty slide, not realistic. My slide is probably three times the size of the one in the video.

Anyway, after $170.00 service call the trailer is back in the storage lot, I'm home getting sticker shock for the price of a new controller! $250.00!!

Who's camping for Thanksgiving? I will if I can get a new controller in time!

Was it the "reset" button that was pushed 6 times and didn't work? I didn't know about the reset button the first time the slide failed. It looked to me that the control box was bad also. I "borrowed" 12v power from a nearby source and "jumped" power to the slide switch (I think..... it was 3 years ago) and got the slide in. When I got home and pulled the control box out to get a better look at it, that's when I noticed the reset button inside the little window. It happened 2 more times after that and I just pushed the reset button to get the slide going again.

Hope this saves you $250.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #19

Tried pushing the button but never saw the LEDs blink and the slide did not move. I need an electrician to make me a jumper I can use in emercencies if needed.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #20

Just to clarify, the button I was pushing was a little white one inside the cut out on the fron of the controller. Is there another? Oh, and I bit the bullet on the $250.00

Tags
slide