Old 01-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #31
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Same motor and gear on the same motor? Either way, it sounds like you have a binding/slide alignment issue that your dealer is not addressing. Over stressing the motors/gears will cause eventual failure.

Agreed. My camper is soon going to have its slide boxes pulled completely out so the whole system can be inspected and parts replaced on my 2 Schwintek slides. Only one is causing a problem, but they're going to do both.

I camp more than average- 50 nights in 2013 and 96 in 2014, but I'm going through a slide motor a year and now have concerns about my controller and/or wiring to a motor.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #32

Just had our slide in our 3050 completely rebuilt. New motors, shafts, tracks, everything. Installer said that the slide system is actually a well made system, but only when installed correctly. That was our problem.... Horrible install on the original system.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #33

Mattnlisa Was the repair done at a dealer or taken back to factory? I am taking mine back to dealer in spring to have the complete gear rack replaced on front of slide and am worried that they know how to do it properly .
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #34

Motor failure

New Years weekend, preparing for our trip to Florida, sofa slide is in and will not extend. Controller tells me that the #2 motor is not receiving a HALL signal...dealer is closed and we leave out on Monday morning. Stop at RV World here in Lakeland Florida, new motor ordered, now we have to tear down and haul the coach all the way back to Lakeland, the motor cannot be removed with the slide all the way in....
This coach never ceases to surprise us when she breaks down......book to follow...
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #35

Dealer... And glad i did. According to dealer, forest river's original plan to fix it was a more limited option to address only the mounting problem. They sent pics of the slides mechanical damage, the broken shoe and twisted shafts, and worked with FR. To FRs credit, a newer Lippert system with heavier shafts and a beefier 500-turn motor was installed. Huge difference. Brackets were placed inside and heavier mounting rails on the outside.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Controller tells me that the #2 motor is not receiving a HALL signal
Override it. Just watch it and make sure it doesn't start to bind up while it's moving.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnlisa View Post
Dealer... And glad i did. According to dealer, forest river's original plan to fix it was a more limited option to address only the mounting problem. They sent pics of the slides mechanical damage, the broken shoe and twisted shafts, and worked with FR. To FRs credit, a newer Lippert system with heavier shafts and a beefier 500-turn motor was installed. Huge difference. Brackets were placed inside and heavier mounting rails on the outside.
Just wondering if they are using the same slide Mech. on all the slides on matter what the weight is? Some slides are pretty heavy? For them to install a beefier one makes you think...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:29 AM   #38

We have a 2014 CC that has 3 slides , 2 are hydraulic and 1 Swintech . I have asked why in the hell would you put 2 different systems on a coach in the first place and no answer . I was told that this system has problems because it is electric and that the coach must be plugged in to power before operating because of how much draw there is on the battery which tells me this is a bad design . Seems a law suit would either stop them from using this system or make the manufacture improve reliability of there product . This has become a problem in the RV industry now a days and in so many things we use today .
Old 02-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #39
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
We have a 2014 CC that has 3 slides , 2 are hydraulic and 1 Swintech .
I have 4 slides and 3 slide systems.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #40

Nice to see a thread on people having problems with there slides. I thought that it was just 'ME'..... Back to the dealer three times because to motor problems. Twice with one of the slides hanging out the side of the unit . Going on Spring Break in a month. I guess I need to get out there and make sure the thing work before driving a thousand miles and have a no go.......

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide