Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Not sure on what you are talking about? shoes?
On the bearing blocks there are blk plastic shoes that slide into he gear rack that on the slide box there are a set of shoes on the top and bottom BB
lozki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozki View Post
On the bearing blocks there are blk plastic shoes that slide into he gear rack that on the slide box there are a set of shoes on the top and bottom BB

I'm trying to load a few pics but the forums aren't letting me
lozki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #143

What are the signs of eminent failure?
Our 2016 2304KS has recently started shuddering during extension, though it retracts fine.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #144

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
What are the signs of eminent failure?
Our 2016 2304KS has recently started shuddering during extension, though it retracts fine.
Sounds like you need to check the blocks or rollers depending on design. Another thing is too look at the gears if they are chewed up on the leading edge or push side.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:48 AM   #145

schwintec failure

Me,me,me.Schwinteck closet slide stuck closed.no room to reach motor #1.Motor controller not responding,error code low battery power.controller power at connector reads 13 volts.Looks like I need to tear the walls off the slide,or cut a hole in the bathroom wall.
left rudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:14 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by left rudder View Post
Me,me,me.Schwinteck closet slide stuck closed.no room to reach motor #1.Motor controller not responding,error code low battery power.controller power at connector reads 13 volts.Looks like I need to tear the walls off the slide,or cut a hole in the bathroom wall.
Here you go.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9W2FB36BtK3-4Q
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #147

Quote:

Do not tear any wall out. Remove all power and disconnect the battery. This will release the 'brake' from the motors. You should now be able to manually, with brut strength push/pull the slide out. have several people help you push/pull it out. Then you can get to the motor.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:44 AM   #148

Thanks Brother,Tried that last week with a big friend.Its only a small closet slide but it will not move.originally I was going to fix what I thought to be a small problem and start camping again.Schwinteck has made me hate my camper.Now all I want to do is sell it and move on.Sold my golf cart yesterday that we used while camping.That company should be in jail for consumer frawd.
left rudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:50 AM   #149

Quote:
Thanks Brother,Tried that last week with a big friend.Its only a small closet slide but it will not move.originally I was going to fix what I thought to be a small problem and start camping again.Schwinteck has made me hate my camper.Now all I want to do is sell it and move on.Sold my golf cart yesterday that we used while camping.That company should be in jail for consumer frawd.
Blame the guilty party, Lippert is Schwintek. And in their defense those are very dependent on the original installation and the alignment. If its not installed correctly it will bind or put more stress on the motors and other parts. On the Roo they originally shipped us the Schwintek rails were installed so far out of alignment by Rockwood on a small wardrobe slide that the entire box twisted 3/4 of an inch when running it out. I was surprised it worked at all. When you do get it to move download the install manual at Lipperts site, and check the rail alignment.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:53 AM   #150

you can not use the controller to move the slide? I did when mine screwed up
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #151

We have had our 2017 Sanibel in 2 different repair facilities for the past 10 weeks and still not repaired.
wesdlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #152

2017 3050s with a whole wall slide. Motor had to be replaced because its wiring harness wasn't installed correctly and it got pinched when the slide extended and killed the motor. Best way out of the jamb was to disengage motors on both ends of the slide, push the slide in, re-engage the motors, apply slide locks to each end of slide, and drive it to where it could be fixed.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #153

We have a friend with a two year old rig with schwintek slides. They are still having problems after countless service attempts.

We have started looking at new rigs and if they have schwintek we move on.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #154

I have had problems with other systems too. At least the Swintek to user serviceable. I carry a spare motor and harness.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #155

By coincidence our Swchintek electric slide has just stopped working as well. A couple of years ago we had a motor on the passenger side slide replaced and now a motor on the drivers side slide has also failed. I have done the manual override on the control box but it still isn't working - shows a ground fault between the control box and the motor. I now have it booked to see a repair tech in Barrie, Ont. during next week.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by uralman View Post
I have had problems with other systems too. At least the Swintek to user serviceable. I carry a spare motor and harness.
Good idea. I was thinking the same because the availability of the motor is atrocious. Months of waiting sometimes. The harness is what gets damaged the most because everyone we talked to first guess was always the harness got pinched and blew the motor.

BTW, you do know that there are 2 different types of that motor?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #157

Yep. I carry one of each. The spare harness is helpful for trouble shooting. On the Berkshire the motors are accessible.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:56 AM   #158

On the Sunseeker the motors are both the high torque version and difficult to get out and put in. I can see why the high torque because it moves a whole wall slide. But after having to push the slide in by myself I was impressed with how the slide moved so easily. Someone did a great job engineering in that balance so the motors could handle the job. There's just barely enough room to work them in and out.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #159

just that easy !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
If you have a Schwintek system you should watch the following video, it may turn out to be of great value to you.

we just purchase a unit with this system. My concern is with the room deck. how much sag is allowed when the room is all the way in
eltejon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #160

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I traded my 2012 Rockwood 2703 SS the Schwintek system never worked correctly. First trip failed. The dealer replaced everything, both motors and harnesses. We traded 13 after 13 months, the rubber connectors were no longer there , I bypassed them as they were bad. The actual slide opening was the issue and the dealer rebuilt this as well. Never again Schwintek on anything but a small bed slide.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide