Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 06:22 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat56 View Post
Thanks, I've been searching every way I can think of to see what slides I have.

Based on pics of my slides I guess they aren't Schwintek. Not that that means no trouble I guess, it is still a mechanical device that can fail.

I would say your unit has (Gear Rack Slides) look for a (Hole) on the Curb side where the (Supplied Tool) is inserted for Manual operation! PS is your RV a (Brown/Tan) color and the slide End walls (White)? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:25 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnewland View Post
One of my motors had the power and ground come loose while the slide is in. I think I can solder it if I can get the motor out. Problem is that I cant get to the external motor removal screw with the slide in as it is behind the slide trim. Any ideas?
If I had to work on my bedroom motor slide, it would have to be in and I would need to take the top trim off also. But mine is an accu slide. It's a pain to get to in or out....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #83

Schwintek slide failures

I think you may need to remove power from your second motor also and manually push the slide out enough to remove the screw and drop the motor. Tough task but with enough muscle can be done. If you have access to the control board just slip the leads off the power for both and should be able to push manually!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RussellReyn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I would say your unit has (Gear Rack Slides) look for a (Hole) on the Curb side where the (Supplied Tool) is inserted for Manual operation! PS is your RV a (Brown/Tan) color and the slide End walls (White)? Youroo!!
I don't think so but I'm not home right now to check. I'll be home Friday and will take a look.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #85

Ok, I called the dealer when got back from our 5000 mile trip. I had opened the slide for our bedroom to unpack, clean, etc. The slide would not retract. A service guy came out to the house and fixed it. He showed me what he had done to get it working again to see if it was the problem. He disconnected the power leads to the controller for a few minutes and the controller was working again after connected again. Sort of like rebooting a computer or a cable tv box! He said if it happens again, a new controller could be ordered. Again, very happy with the customer service with our Cedar Creek!
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:49 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGREG View Post
Ok, I called the dealer when got back from our 5000 mile trip. I had opened the slide for our bedroom to unpack, clean, etc. The slide would not retract. A service guy came out to the house and fixed it. He showed me what he had done to get it working again to see if it was the problem. He disconnected the power leads to the controller for a few minutes and the controller was working again after connected again. Sort of like rebooting a computer or a cable tv box! He said if it happens again, a new controller could be ordered. Again, very happy with the customer service with our Cedar Creek!

It will happen again. You may not need to order a new controller at all. Learn how to use the override button on the controller. The controller learns the revolutions of the motors in and out distance. It may have 'forgot' the revolutions and distance and needed to be reset and reprogrammed. There are several videos on how to do this. watch them all, as some problems with the schwinteks have a different solution than others.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #87

I have recently had a motor failure in my 2014 leprechaun.
I was able to isolate the problem to a broken soldier inside the motor, which I repaired myself.
This problem will most likely happen in a lot of units
I plan to modify the wire supports after this season is through!
buschh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschh00 View Post
I have recently had a motor failure in my 2014 leprechaun.
I was able to isolate the problem to a broken soldier inside the motor, which I repaired myself.
This problem will most likely happen in a lot of units
I plan to modify the wire supports after this season is through!
Glad you were able to repair the "broken soldier" -- hope he didn't go through too much pain
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:04 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The end walls are the same color as the rest of the camper, the Tan color.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:35 AM   #90

I too have trouble with the Shwintek slide system. I have a 2012 -3011 DS, the bedroom slide started binding on retraction so I went through the controller override process of six hits and holding depressed on seventh on the mode button. This allowed me to use the rocker switch to retract the slide but now I have no power at the controller or the rocker in/out switch. I have checked the fuse in the bedroom panel box and its ok. Tonight I will try energizing the rocker switch to see what happens. Any thoughts on how to proceed, I have a dealers appointment but he's out until late August.
BnB
rbreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #91

I understand your thought process, however let's see if you can find a wire schematic for the system before you put power to the rocker switch
Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #92

Quote:
I understand your thought process, however let's see if you can find a wire schematic for the system before you put power to the rocker switch
I tried with Shwintek and was told they don't do the wiring that Forest River did. I tried FR and they don't have it, my next step will be with Lippert Components.
One thing I did find out that the fuse in the bedroom marked rear slide is only for the lights, the fuse for the controller is in the box in the stairwell by the battery case. I'll test this when I get home tonight.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #93

I found the operations and service manual which includes a wire diagram at rexandsonsrv.com
I would pull the feed wires off the controller and check for power and ground.
You can email me direct at buschh00@gmail.com I'll give you my phone number if you would like help troubleshooting
I'm a maintence tech with 35 years experience
Old 07-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #94

Quote:
I found the operations and service manual which includes a wire diagram at rexandsonsrv.com
You can email me direct at buschh00@gmail.com I'll give you my phone number if you would like help troubleshooting
Progress ! The fuse in the front stairwell box was blown, calls for a 30 amp min and it had a 15 amp from the factory. I'm now back to an error code of 2 flashing green (motor 2) and 8 flashing red ("Hall signal not present: Encoder is not providing a signal. Usually a wiring problem.") A least now I have a starting point. Any suggestions?
Thanks for all the help and if (when) I get stuck I'll give you a call.
Bob B.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:43 AM   #95

Quote:
My early morning thoughts today are I'm going to switch motor harness plugs and see if the error code goes to motor 1. This should tell me if it the wiring or the motor.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbreen1 View Post
My early morning thoughts today are I'm going to switch motor harness plugs and see if the error code goes to motor 1. This should tell me if it the wiring or the motor.
First my thanks to this forum if not for solving my problem but for getting my thinking out of the box.
After the constant error signal 2 green and 8 red flashes from the beginning telling me motor 2 with a problem I decided to swap wires at the controller I now had harness one on motor 2 and two on motor one. I again tried to operate the slide and it bound up, this time the error code indicated motor one with 8 red flashes, success. This now tells me the problem is in the wiring. I unplugged the wires from motor two and began to remove the wire, when I got to the bottom where there is a wall mount wire clip I noticed a small cut in the black outside shroud covering and bent at almost a 45degree angle. Just by removing the clip and straightening out the wire the slide worked normal . I now will cut back the black covering and inspect each wire. I believe the routing of that motor wire should be looked at to find a way to obtain a less stressed path.

After cutting back the covering and a close inspection (with an eye loop) of the wire I found no wire expose, I put a slight twist in the wires and taped them back up and put a loop in the wire at the bottom of tract. I operated the side in and out several times with no problems.
I've attached a photo of the wire that was anchored to the floor with a 45 degree bend around the plastic tract that runs across the slide.

Thanks again for all your help, maybe you can add this to your internal trouble shooting for wiring problem.
Tonight I can pour a scotch and think about the scotch and not slide problems .
Bob Breen
Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 AM   #97

so dealer replaced; motor, wiring harness, controller. slide still only moves a few inches before aft motor quits. no fault codes. two weeks of back and forth emails between dealer and lippert and forest river, no one has any ideas. going on two months with no rv and getting upset.

anyone else go thru something similar?
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #98

You would think it can only be the extend retract switch or the power supply.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #99

Mine had an error message 6 that would indicate a shorted motor. But the slide worked fine. To get rid of the error message we replaced the controller and then the motor. Also ran a new cable and yet the error message remains. The slide works ok but the controller flashes 6 times each time the slide is extended. Go figure.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by uralman View Post
You would think it can only be the extend retract switch or the power supply.
I like to bypass as much as I can with a jumper wire and eliminate as many things as can, but the dealer should have checked the system with a volt meter to see if there is a power loss during the out cycle. No error codes is confusing.I'm guessing that he disengaged the motors and pushed the slide in and out to assure no mechaniacl problems. Really sad that the dealers and Forester River are stumped, it dosn't say a lot for Shwinteck slides.

Tags
slide