Old 10-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #11
Site Team

Thanks Jc! Awesome tip! We encountered exact same symptom on the 1st
stop of a planned 3 week trip around Florida last January. We limped along with the slide stuck in for half the trip until someone here on the forum sent me a U tube video that showed how to put the board in override. We were
able to use the slide the last 2 stops thankfully!
Got dealer to show me how to remove a motor or uncouple a motor so the
slide can be more easily pushed if necessary.
Always glad to read about cheaper work arounds for expen$ive parts!

Thankfully my control board is accessible inside my front pass thru storage!

Happy Trails!

1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc furnace man View Post
I had a problem this summer when one of the motors would move 2" and stop. did a manual override at the controller and the motors worked fine. So being cheep i pulled the motor out and found the circuit board is very simple, tested all the wiring it was fine. The 2 little "Hall" sensors had failed ordered 5 from amazon (Honeywell SS41 Hall effect sensor) $5.32. Soldered them in and replaced the motor works like new. Hope this helps. A Lot better than a $150.00 motor. Fyi the original sensors are the cheapest available not surprised.
Another question for you. Did you remove the circuit board or solder them with the board in place. If you removed it does the little disk on the top of the motor shaft just pry off? If so does it need alighnment marks to put it back in the same position? Do the little nylon brackets come with the new sensors?

Thanks again, Mike

Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #13

The magnet slides off and not position sensitive. The plastic covers fit the new sensors fine. I did not remove the board from the motor little tricky to solder but doable
Old 10-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #14

I have a 2015 Berkshire 34qS. Does anyone know where the slide out fuses are?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:31 AM   #15

The fuses should be in your main fuse panel the controller has no internal fuses. Hope that helps
Old 10-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #16

I finally received my sensors from Arrow.com, the good news is they were only $.75 ea. I soldered them in place and installed the motor back in the camper wall. I pushed the slide button and no good. So I pull the motor and do some tracing and find the circuit board is at fault. One wire I had to remove and clean the contacts and resolder. Another wire required drilling a new hole and soldering and the third required a short jumper. I put it back together last night and it works fine for now. I have little faith in the longevity of the board however. I don't suppose I could buy just the board anywhere? My other thought was maybe I could find a motor that had gone bad and take the board out of it.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #17

I just ordered a new motor on ebay for $49 with free shipping. I plan to keep it in the camper for a spare. If I had seen that sooner I wouldn't have spent time repairing the old one. Oh well, it was a good learning experience.

Tags
repair, slide